• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling-Cooling water Outside the Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BF_TEXMASTER

For a long time I have been a monster air cooler but recently, I've been looking at water cooling as an alternative. What is alluding me right now is a system independent of the computer that can pump and cool the water close to freezing. I've thought of putting the pump and resovior inside a mini refridgerator but I would like a more compact idea.

Any takers? Thanks!

My Specs:

PIV [email protected]
512MB Rabmus 800
Asus P4T Motherboard
v7700 Asus Geforce Ultra
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Quantum Atlas 10KII Scsi3 73GB Hard Drive
Adaptec 29160 Scsi Card
6X Scsi Pioneer DVD
12/4/32 Plextor Scsi Burner
T-120 Floppy Drive
20GB Travan Scsi Tape Drive
Digital Doc 5 Fan and Temp Monitor
3Com Ethernet Card
431 Power Supply
PS790 Viewsonic 19'
APC Pro 650 Battery Backup

TONS o Fans 7 120s 2 92s 1 60 Turbo Cooler and one Golden Orb

All rounded cables including scsi

there is not any reason to cool water that much, you just put condensation everywhere you have tubing, and you will loose that temp along the pipes running to the cpu. Just use a big radiator to cool the computer, and get a large peltier, that will be better.

dunno260 (Apr 25, 2001 12:52 p.m.):
there is not any reason to cool water that much, you just put condensation everywhere you have tubing, and you will loose that temp along the pipes running to the cpu. Just use a big radiator to cool the computer, and get a large peltier, that will be better.

But see how would I cool the water in the radiator? I dont want to hook up fans outside the computer. And as far as condensation goes, I think my 4 120s blowing directly on my mobo and cpu would quell any condensation because once the tubes enter the case, they are hit immediatly with all 4 fans.

Always eager to hear more sugggestions....

texmaster (Apr 25, 2001 11:13 a.m.):
For a long time I have been a monster air cooler but recently, I've been looking at water cooling as an alternative. What is alluding me right now is a system independent of the computer that can pump and cool the water close to freezing. I've thought of putting the pump and resovior inside a mini refridgerator but I would like a more compact idea.

Any takers? Thanks!

one person i know of use a portable 12 pack pop
can cooler (the one you can carry with one hand)
he sits it down on the floor and runs two flexible
pvc lines in and out of it.
the pump sits behind the case .
he records cpu temps at -18 `c with serious multitasking.
david

My Specs:

PIV [email protected]
512MB Rabmus 800
Asus P4T Motherboard
v7700 Asus Geforce Ultra
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Quantum Atlas 10KII Scsi3 73GB Hard Drive
Adaptec 29160 Scsi Card
6X Scsi Pioneer DVD
12/4/32 Plextor Scsi Burner
T-120 Floppy Drive
20GB Travan Scsi Tape Drive
Digital Doc 5 Fan and Temp Monitor
3Com Ethernet Card
431 Power Supply
PS790 Viewsonic 19'
APC Pro 650 Battery Backup

TONS o Fans 7 120s 2 92s 1 60 Turbo Cooler and one Golden Orb

All rounded cables including scsi

Well.... I Do use the Dorm Fridge approach, and have for quite a while, Nothing wrong with Cold Cooling Lines, as long as they are insulated. Another Idea I had, but it looks like some website figured it out also, is to buy a Water Cooler,;like the 1's for Natural drinking water, some have coolers attached to them, Pop the Top off the jug, there ya go, instant water cooler, quiet & cheap :)

Back