• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batzy

Registered
hi,
i want to go water cooling just for the cpu. i need help with the parts what are some good ones.

ps. i only have $350 to spend.

thanks

Conumdrum

Reported so mods can move it, wrong forum. Next issue, $350 is a good price for a great pre-selected parts selection. Not uber best, but enough to keep an i7 cool at moderate overclocks.

Have you done much research on watercooling? I'll give you this link. Slog through my pleadings to understand watercooling FIRST, then pay attention to the guides that will teach you the beginnings. Lots of links to real tests etc, and USA stores that are popular.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercooling-guide

Once you say yea I 'started' to read it, I'll give you a link to a system that with shipping (I'd buy it if I was new) will be right at $350 or so.

I do this cuz we got plenty of folks that just won't take ANY effort to learn, just want to buy the stuff. Then they slap it into the case and ruin a Mobo or CPU. Done right watercooling is the bomb and a great fun almost hobby.

Cuiiey

ohyeah, he's based in Australia so places like newegg wont ship out here. Your better off reconmend decent water blocks and stuff and we'll see if we can get it here or not.

Conumdrum

Thanks Cuiiey! There are a few good AU stores out there. Also, careful prep with USA shippers (staying under $xx and gifting) on the packages can really change things. Just have to prep with sellers first.

Hope we can help and keep it under budget.

Nice to see the OP make a sig so we can see what he wants to cool.