• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Jason, the best way to turn on the pump and know that it's running when the computer is running is to put a 12v coil relay inline. In my case I am going to wire my pump to the N/O contacts of the relay. The other side of the relay is going to wire to my power coming into my power supply. Then the coil side of the relay I will use an open 12v molex connector and wire it to the coil. When the power is energized the pump starts pumping and Windows will follow. I can draw you a diagram if you need it. Go with the Eheim 1250 pump and you will never have a problem. I am going to use the 317 GPH and if needed to slow the flow I will put a inline valve to restrict the flow. You should be OK with the P/S.

This is a quick drawing of how you should install a relay to control your pump. Personally I would get the 120 volts from inside the power supply. By doing this you eliminate the chance of the power cord being removed from your home/office outlet, and you will know if the computer is on the pump is on.

Allen Bradley or Square D make great relays designed to last a lifetime.

Last edited:
cack01 said:
I got my relay from http://www.swiftnets.com it works just fine. Just kind of a pain to drill thet hole in the case for the power cord. But if I didn't have it I would have fried my cpu by now. Forgeting to turn to water on is a bad thing.

Holy crap, anyone see that they sell 226 WATT TECs??!?! Thats insane. I wonder if a swiftech kit could even handle a 226 watt peltier. Geeze. I've never seen anyone use anything over 176, I wonder if theres even any reason for 226....damn.

Josh

Back