• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling SUCCESS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

I finished my water cooling project tonight. After over a month of research, 2 weeks of planning, and 4 days of building and testing it's done. I must say it turned out better than I thought it would. I'm pretty good with working on things, been tinkering on stuff for 20 years, so that helped. The system is custom made, using a BECOOLING water block and BECOOLING 5x5 radiator. My Duron 650 @ 800 1.625 V is running at 31C as I type this with an ambient of 29.2 C taken about an inch from the processor and a room temp of 26.3 C. It's been running a couple of hours. I'm going to let it run over night to make sure it's reached a stable temp then I'll begin testing with Prime 95. Once that's complete I'll start bumping it up hoping for 1Ghz.

I'm working on a write up of this project. I used every trick in the book from rheo controlled fan to relay controlled pump. I kept detailed notes of part numbers and cost as well as plenty of pics to provide the most detailed information possible. I'll post more as I test.

all right, congratulations, I can't wait for the article, looking at going water myself.

goin to get watercooling as soom as i can find a good site (living in the uk is really pooy)

Back