• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Water pump running on full speed only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trimack

Hi,

I am a connector / electricity / HW noob but have a water cooling system for quite a while now. I have this embedded LCS where there is a fan with a knob on top of a cooler connected to the same lead as the pump.
View attachment 212512

These all go into a single molex connector with a 3-pin fan connector leading out of it via a single lead (RPM). I have plugged in the molex as well as the 3-pin into the CPU-fan slot on the MB. In the BIOS (UEFI) I have enabled the advanced control over the CPU fan for the ASUS Q-Fan control system.

Now the problem is that in all of my experience I have only ever seen this pump run at full speed all the time which results in annoying noise. I have recently installed ASUS AI Suite with the fan control utility trying to control the pump RPM but am left with seemingly no control over the pump speed:
View attachment 212511

Any ideas and suggestions of what I am doing wrong and how to make the system quieter are much appreciated!

Last edited:
You are correct and I am blind. I have been searching and reading through the specs and everything I could find but the FAQ. Thanks!

Back