• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water: What do I put in it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirXcalibur

I will be getting the rest of my stuff for my case this week and i am wondering what to mix the water with. Here's what I think I am suposed to do:
Mostly distilled water + a bit of Water Wetter + Some anti-freeze

Is this correct? And if I cannot find the water wetter immediatly how much of I difference will I see without it?

The rest of my rig will be as follows:
-Laguna powerjet 1000 submersible (386gph) in a tuperware res (its a submersible pump)
-black ice rad from danger den
-maze 2 from danger den
- great 1/2" bendable tubing (better than silicone I think) from the local pet store

Can't wait for the stuff from Danger den to arrive.

What do you guys think?

hunter00

nope, thats not what you do.

i put 2 oz of water wetter to the gallon, i believe the recommended amount is 4 oz to the gallon, but most people don't see any difference past 2.

also, you def. have to use watter wetter to prevent corrosion in your pump and stuff.

knight1976

Registered
Id like to thank chip from http://www.overclock-watercool.com/ ,may it rest in piece, for this recipe.

Coolant "Recipe"
In a one gallon container, Mix:
6 ounces of all weather antifreeze (keeps down algae & fungal growth, helps prevent corrosion, keeps things from freezing if you decide to stick your radiator in a nearby freezer.)
2 ounces of Redline "Water Wetter",or NEO "Keep Cool" Water Treatment Additive (makes up for the thermal loss brought about by adding anti-freeze, prevents corrosion, stops algae & fungal growth) These are generally available at your local auto parts store for about $10.00
120 ounces of distilled water.
OR...
2 ounces of Redline "Water Wetter",or NEO "Keep Cool" Water Treatment Additive (prevents corrosion, stops algae & fungal growth) These are generally available at your local auto parts store for about $10.00
126 ounces of distilled water.

No, I showered
Is there anything like Water Wetter that ISN'T dyed a certain color? Since I plan to add dye-lite to my system, I don't want anything to interfere with it. Of course, don't want corrosion either.