• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for my P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homer

i need help on choosing a waterblock for my P4. i just dont know what to get? i wouldnt mind getting the WW but its lil expensive for me right now. in need something thats the best bang for the bux :D i tried searching the threads but all i found was waterblocks for xp systems? are p4 harder to find or something? the only blocks that come to mind are the:

swifttech mcw5000 - but i read that the out/inlet restricts the water flow
maze3
mazep4 - i wanted to order one but i got confused when i had to choose the hold down & block on DD website. which one am i supose to pick if i went through them?
Gemini Cool - Tsunami CPU Cooler P4 - it says to use 3/8 tubing and fittings.

any others i can get or suggest? thx!!!

my parts came in this week for my 1st watercooling system

ford f150 heatercore same dimensions as chevette but the out/inlet are 5/8
maxijet 1200

i would go with a WW with a P4 adapter :D LOL~
Or the DD maze 3, thats what i use,
also the Maze 4 is meant for the Socket 423 i belive~ the first P4's

do they make an adaptor?
yeah they have a choice when click on the mazep4 423 and 478.
look: 478 and 423
i wanna order right away while i have the money so i have everything b4 i might or might not have to pay for taxes this yr....doh!!! :(

Get the Maze 3, the Maze P4, actually comes in two models skt 423 and skt 478, is really a Maze 2 with an adapter for the P4s.

If it wasn't so hard to get, I would suggest the White Water block. I find this very unfortunate for what is probably one of the best water blocks out there.

NeoMoses makes a P4 waterblock; ther's a picture of it about halfway down this thread.
I've ordered it from him myself, and it is a thing of beauty. I can't comment on the specifics of its performance as I don't have my system assembled yet, but I am looking forward to finding out.
The double-barrel design with a 1250 in a CPU-only system should kick butt in terms of flow.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PM him about it.

on the db-2 waterblock how does that work? would i need Y adaptors for the out/inlet?

I.M.O.G. said:
i havent heard of the whitewater being that hard to get... from what i have heard people get have gotten their blocks in the us two weeks after they placed an order? is there some difficulty i am not aware of?

you can get it here (in limited availability): http://jpiperformance.com/water_blocks.htm#White Water

Well I guess I would consider the difficulty is that there is no real distributor of the water block. I've visited the site you listed above and, as you said, are in limited supply and can only be purchased with kits for the moment. I also know that you can make out a check and send it to Australia. I guess the point I am trying to make is that it is not as easy to get a White Water block as it is to get a Maze 3 or Swiftech waterblock.

Homer said:
on the db-2 waterblock how does that work? would i need Y adaptors for the out/inlet?

Yes, the inlet/outlet on the Neo block and the outlet on the WW will need Y-adapters, as Cathar's pic shows.

Back