• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Erm, so how do you mount the majority of waterblocks if your mobo doesn't have the 4 holes around the socket?

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
With the setup I just bought, I got this one, for the tabs, I did not want the 4 hole mounting one because I did not feel like having to take the mobo off.
Copy_of_mcw372.GIF

youthemandan

Just mod ur case. I never have to take mine off. All i did was cut a hole in the back where the back of the socket is. Works like a charm.

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
youthemandan said:
Just mod ur case. I never have to take mine off. All i did was cut a hole in the back where the back of the socket is. Works like a charm.

But then I would have to still take all the goodyz out :eek:
Me bad :beer:

:cool:

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

cool they make waterblocks with socket brackets. What model of waterblock is that anyway?

morotorium

Registered
I just got a block to water cool my northbridge. Gemini cool copper chipset. The problem is my motherboard has only the little clip rings and no mount holes in the board. Any ideas how to attach it?