• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock Soldering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BabyEater

I just soldered up me block but i was wondering is it possible to put too much solder in and fill up the channels of the waterblock up a bit as me flowrate seems a bit less than when i had me plexi top on it. I did use a good lot of solder by the way.

erk. the best idea is to saw it open again and find out... ive no idea how else to get rid of the solder, i suppose it depends on the solder you used and if there is a acid that will dissolve it but not copper.

good luck!

If you heated your block with a propane torch, then, yes, the
solder could have sweated into the channels. Should be easy
enough remove the top and see. :):D

You probably want to saw it open and try again...
When you solder, just touch the solder to the joint, it will fill the cracks by itself. When you see just a little bit of solder in the joint all around the block, you're done.

Tecumseh said:
If you heated your block with a propane torch, then, yes, the
solder could have sweated into the channels. Should be easy
enough remove the top and see. :):D

bleh thats the easy way. just heat up the solder till it melts and yr block will come apart easy.. saves messing with a bleeding saw.

I got a hammer a chisel and split them open . Some of me solder had leaked into the channel i soldered it on the hob like yourself there masked. I just put a bit too much in.It's very handy to do tho i'll never go back to epoxing me tops on now

Back