• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterCooled now,Lucky me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohalexis

Registered
I gotta share this experience with all of the members here.
It's my first time into WC,it took me days to complete the setup.Now it's finally done.There 's a strange thing though.When I did my PSU sleeving,I accidently put two color of power wire into the wrong connector pins. The red one into 3 and black went into 4!!Then I plug this connector into the Maxtor 80G HD.I didn't realize that until I powered on the computer,I saw smoke,and it smells really ****ed up.I immediately shut off the computer and check over.Then I found this problem,I thought I must fried the HD.I was happy because I didn't fry the whole computer.So I put the wires back to the right place where they supposed to be,and plug back to the HD,just wish it was fine.Then I powered on my computer again.
YOU KNOW WHAT,IT"S WORKING!!!!!

MAXTOR!!!!! I just love it.

Another thing I can't figure out is my CPU temp seems very high,45C Idle and climbing @ 1.75V 210X11.

Last edited:
I reseated the WB,it was in a wrong side.
Temps are better now,but still way too high.

CPU: 47C Full load @2.32G 1.825V
System: 33C

take a fan and blow over your socket. should lower the temp 6-8 degrees. its becasuse you socket gets the tempetaure and it taked in account a fan blowing on it wich you dont have with a WC setup.

so basically your cpu temps are lower then what is reported.

How ironic, becuase I'm 8/8 with Maxtors in 10 years. All failed...

Anywhos.

Let's assume the Epox 8RDA+ nF2 board uses on die monitoring.

Then we wouldn't see a change at all by blowing air on the socket. That only works with old TC jobs, and I still feel it's just as innacurate before as after watercooling...

Besides, by admitting air blowing in the socket changes temps, then every diffrent fan ever mounted on a heatsink will blow diffrent amounts of air in the socket.

So what's the point? LoL!

Really,but I was told that the 8RDA+ board's temp sensor reads lower than actual. I'm really disappointed with the result,with the equipment I have,it supposed to be much lower,isn't it?

try resitting the waterblock, an make sure you dont use too much thermal paste. Also it wouldnt hurt to get a seperate temperature monitor so that your reading can actually be based on something.

My general rule for temperatures is if its not crashing and not smelling funny then its fine, well not quite true, my duron ran about 2 days at 100c and i would consider that way too hot, still runs good to this day though.

The 8RDA+ does not use the on die sensor for reporting temps. It DOES however use it for BIOS triggered temp warning and shutdown (if it is enabled.. but dont rely solely on it!).

Compare you idle temp to your ambient temp. If it is +15 you are about right.

8rda's read MUCH lower than actual temps. So do a7n8x's. I'd say they read 10-15*C low. NF7's seem to be about 5*C low on case, and I'd assume the same on socket readings. I idled AT ambient temp on my 8rda. I idle at ambient +15 on my NF7-s with everything the same except mild differences in voltage (lower with the nf7-s)

Of course the bios version likely also affects temp readings. I seem to recall asus boards reading too low, then too high then too low again as bioses came and went awhile back.

Back