• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling 900D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X1XNobleX1X

Hello forum members,

I have put off water cooling my 900D for years now, finally, I feel like it's time to water cool my PC.
Below is a plan of what I want, feel like it's a good start. - Budget would probably be $700-900 AUD.

Watercooling.png

This is my current list, please comment if there is anything I need to add.
PC Case Gear - Shared Shopping Cart
1 x EK Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock Acetal - $89.00ea
2 x PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Black 1/2ID 3/4OD 3m - $35.00ea
2 x EK CoolStream XE 480 Quad Radiator - $149.00ea
1 x EK Ekoolant EVO Clear Premix 1000mL Coolant - $25.00ea
1 x EK RES X3 250 Reservoir - $69.00ea
1 x EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump - $129.00ea
10 x EK ACF 13/19mm Compression Fitting Elox Black - $9.00ea
Total: $770.00 - @pccasegear.com 15/01/2016

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/sgf

If you are only watercooling the CPU , why do you need two 480 radiators? Not that there is any reason not to , but it is overkill.

If you are only watercooling the CPU , why do you need two 480 radiators? Not that there is any reason not to , but it is overkill.

Yeah, many people have suggested with going with one 480 rad, just until I get to doing my GPUs.

I have two questions, what is the difference between Nickel and Acetel for CPU blocks?

Also, what is the difference between EK Coolant and distilled water? It's $30 for EK Coolant for 1L and $6 for 4L of distilled water.

Ah , I wasn't aware you would be cooling two GPUs eventually. That being the case , how many rads you get is personal preference and budget. As far as cooling , it seems the biggest difference between their coolant and water is price , as well as a microbicide in the coolant. Water and a Killcoil work fine. The Acetal and nickel is only for the top covers on the ones I looked up. The plate that mounts against the CPU for heat transfer is copper. The Acetal covers are less expensive and on the MX line.

There's a sticky here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/628092-The-Ultimate-Water-Cooling-Thread that should provide you with a lot of info and answer most questions. Lots of good reading. I've been hanging around here a few years and I'm finally ready to build my first loop , and that thread is where I'm going to start.
Nice case , BTW! I want one of those but my budget may be a problem. LOL

Back