• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling / fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droidene

Registered
I have question about fittings, i probalty spend a LOT of my time to understand how it works.
Still today im not 100% confidence about fittings.

I know i have a desire to use PETG tubing(hard tubing) - most likely go for 3/8 - 1/2 (10/13mm).

Soo, iv scouted couple brands like monsoom, primochill, ekwb and bitspower.
Some confuse me, oh well i'll figure it out.

At this point i think that primochill revolver compression looking good, but i wanna hear from you guys.
What do you prefer and why?

One more question, regard primochill.
I see Primochill revolver compression, but i also see example: RSX Compression.. but they look same, are they? Or what's the difference?
There also RSX Coupler, RSX G1/4 Coupler, Ghost compression and RSX Switch Over kits... but yea i see there tiny bit difference in shape, but i supsoe they all do the SAME job?

And why dont primochill have 45 / 90 degree? I see bitspower have them and couple other brands.
What if i want to use 45 degree? Can i mix two brands?

Correct me if I'm wrong here (I've only used PETG once, and I prefer soft tubing), but aren't compression fittings only for soft tubing? I thought PETG only used the push-in types of fittings, commonly in 12mm or 16mm diameters?

Correct me if I'm wrong here (I've only used PETG once, and I prefer soft tubing), but aren't compression fittings only for soft tubing? I thought PETG only used the push-in types of fittings, commonly in 12mm or 16mm diameters?

Dunno, but i read this:

These fittings are designed to work with the tubing below.

3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid PETG tubing
3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid PMMA tubing
3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid Copper tubing

Dunno, but i read this:

These fittings are designed to work with the tubing below.

3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid PETG tubing
3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid PMMA tubing
3/8 in. ID x 1/2 in. OD Rigid Copper tubing

That would be the 12mm (or 13mm, 1/2" = 12.7mm) PETG tubing. I took a look at the PPCS page, looks like they do call them compression fittings. Looks like they're standard push in fittings with a collar (I'm not sure how that works with hard tubing).
But back to your original question, if you're shopping on a reputable site like PPCS I don't think you can go wrong with any of the fittings. I would choose either what fits in your budget or what looks best to you. Mixing brands causes no issues as long as you're not mixing types of metal (typically all fittings are safe to mix and match). I have a few different brands as I wanted some with swivels, some with 45 bends, some with 90's and one company didn't make every fitting I wanted (in black).

Last edited:
With PPCS you mean phantex? What brand are those? Could you link plz?

Sorry, I meant the website Performance-PCs. They sell many brands and types of fittings. And from shopping around on Amazon and ebay, I can tell you that they're cheaper as well.

Stick with the same hard tubing and fittings manufacturer all around. I've seen where mix matching can cause issues.

Another etailer site you can also check out is ModMyMods.

Back