• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling - Information Request

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilkenRogue

Hi there.... I'm working on a comprehensive link index of watercooling kits/ waterblocks / radiators / watercooling how-to's etc from every site I can find on the internet.

Much of this is for my own benefit as a 'virgin watercooling overclocker', but I would like my results to benefit other watercooling newbies as well... once I'm done with my research on this link index, I will submit it for others to have easy, organized access to.

I would basically like to know the different producers of complete water cooling kits, individual waterblocks, radiators, and their model makes - it would be nice to have links along with them, but I can live with doing the web searching myself.

I already know of the following kits:
AquaCool
AquaStealth
Blizzard
DangerDen
Koolance
Leufken
Senfu
Swiftech

and the following waterblocks:
Becooling Jagged Edge copper and aluminum waterblocks
Overclocker's Hideouts waterblocks
DangerDen Maze1 and Maze2 blocks
Leufken copper and aluminum blocks
Senfu block
Swiftech mcw462 waterblock
Silver Prop waterblock
overclock-watercool's custom lexan blocks
Tidal Pool blocks

If you could add anything not on this list, please do. By the time I'm through, and looking at what I already have, I'm suspecting my reviews index alone is going to be several hundred entries long. Thanks in advance, and please help a watercooling newb help other newbs :)

bump..... I know you boys and girls have some information for me. Come on, don't be stingy... or are all of you absolutely clueless when it comes to commercial watercooling equipment?

If that's the case, then start giving me your favorite links to custom watercooling solutions :)

Help a newbie out... cause once you help me out, my list will help other newbs out too, so they won't be buggin' ya on where to find the information.

SilkenRogue (Jul 09, 2001 06:56 p.m.):
Hi there.... I'm working on a comprehensive link index of watercooling kits/ waterblocks / radiators / watercooling how-to's etc from every site I can find on the internet.

Much of this is for my own benefit as a 'virgin watercooling overclocker', but I would like my results to benefit other watercooling newbies as well... once I'm done with my research on this link index, I will submit it for others to have easy, organized access to.

I would basically like to know the different producers of complete water cooling kits, individual waterblocks, radiators, and their model makes - it would be nice to have links along with them, but I can live with doing the web searching myself.

I already know of the following kits:
AquaCool
AquaStealth
Blizzard
DangerDen
Koolance
Leufken
Senfu
Swiftech

and the following waterblocks:
Becooling Jagged Edge copper and aluminum waterblocks
Overclocker's Hideouts waterblocks
DangerDen Maze1 and Maze2 blocks
Leufken copper and aluminum blocks
Senfu block
Swiftech mcw462 waterblock
Silver Prop waterblock
overclock-watercool's custom lexan blocks
Tidal Pool blocks

If you could add anything not on this list, please do. By the time I'm through, and looking at what I already have, I'm suspecting my reviews index alone is going to be several hundred entries long. Thanks in advance, and please help a watercooling newb help other newbs :)

This is the write up I did http://www.overclockers.com/tips505/ .

www.aquastealth.com
www.dangerden.com

Dangerden has the best quality.

Hmm.. well.. after long hours perusing the net with various search engines, I believe I've come up with a substantial list of the main suppliers of waterblocks and radiators... I've also found as many reviews as can be found by search engine, but I'll rely on others to fill me in on the ones that get 'lost' in the search engine shuffle.

I also found the procooling.com website... his upcoming roundup is really what I've been looking for the entire time... can't wait to see the results, they should be enlightening.

So now that I've already found all the information regarding makers and reviewers I need, how about a little actual help from some people? Now I need links to distributors of watercooling equipment - from American to Canadian to Australian vendors and so forth... then again, considering the lackluster response so far, I guess I'll be stuck perusing dead links from half dead websites that appear on the search engines for hours at a time again.

sorry to disapoint but kits just are not that good. they cost way to much.. and are only half the fun.

When i made my water cooling rig, the only thing i ordered online was my waterblock as it woudl have been 2 hard to make my own... i got a dangerden block....

i found the pump 400GPH at a pet store, and made a water tower......
this entire rig cost me $150 canadain, and the cheapest kits run around $120 american, thats like $240 for crap(tjhat is without shipping), air cooling can be better than the senfu kit.

jay (Jul 10, 2001 11:53 p.m.):
sorry to disapoint but kits just are not that good. they cost way to much.. and are only half the fun.

When i made my water cooling rig, the only thing i ordered online was my waterblock as it woudl have been 2 hard to make my own... i got a dangerden block....

i found the pump 400GPH at a pet store, and made a water tower......
this entire rig cost me $150 canadain, and the cheapest kits run around $120 american, thats like $240 for crap(tjhat is without shipping), air cooling can be better than the senfu kit.

I agree. Kits aren't that great, and making your own is a lot more fun. You'll get a better overall setup as well.

I don't actually intend to buy a kit... I will most likely purchase a waterblock however, if I don't do direct die cooling on the athlon.

That, however, is only if I don't work up the guts to make holes in a brand new freezer I just got for free and stick my computer equipment and a watercooling setup inside. I'd really like to do that, and I think I will, but I'm definately gonna have to get some encouragement from the local hardware geeks in town. As I said before, I haven't even made the plunge to watercooling, and I'm thinking about freezers and peltiers in addition, sheesh...

I am researching commercial equipment, DIY resources, and watercooling distributors for the purpose of helping other watercooling newbs in whatever capacity they would like to cool at, whether it be building their own watercooler entirely from scratch, purchasing a few strategic pieces, or just buying a ready to make kit. Some people don't have the time or inclination to make their own setup and make it safe- kits are perfect for those people. I just want to make an index resource that people at all levels of experience can use to find what they need... so far, and thanks to maybe 1 or 2 people from other forums and mostly myself, I have managed to find and organize a very large number of these resources... once I have completed it and created the web layout, I'll post it up here on the forums....

alright people after a couple of hrs installing the new Z4 the Aqua Sink and the Motherboard Water block.. All Bought from overclockershideout.com. I also purchase the Universal Hold Down Device And let me tell U it doesn't work with the Z4 nice with the maze just remember not to tighten it too much or SNAP U break the side parts on the cpu Just like I did anyway I fixed the problem buy buying some Plexiglass and made my own hold down devise with the 4 bolts around the Cpu. I think its a lot better then the side clips.. now for the temps... Notice the difference I bought a prob for all the test and its sitting right next to the core.. the system Z4 cooler with 156watt pelter and a 72 watt on the motherboard...

amd 1.4 overclocker to 1500 just for start
512 PC2100
GeForce2 pro 64 Getting the GeForce 3 ti
10000rpm HD maxtor SUCKS its The 2nd one from them and I hear clicking noises coming from the HD again after 3/4 full..

Temps at idle are from of CPU next to core is 15.2c back of Cpu is 28.0c
motherboard temps idle 14.4C not Bad:D

load CPU core temp 16.9c and back of Cpu is 31.0c
load Motherboard temps 17.0c

Z4 Is better then maze2-1 in all ways...
cool better and transfer heat real nice... no big difference in temps... Well this is the test I will be doing another test with the Z4 and the overclock-watercool new Block as soon as it comes out... replies welcome.. .Blackbox AKA wolfsid

Hack the World :cool:

Back