• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Kit finally running temps are sweettttttt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fender123

Well, finally got my Maze 3 shipped......

Anyways, system is running great, here's the materials i'll have pics to show in a few days . :)

What i did is copied the design of the EXOS and built it to my specifications.

It's 24 " long by 8" by 8". on top i have a Sunon 120 mm 108 CFM on a rheostat (knob on top), plus a green led to indicate pump is running.
What i did was make the box out of sheet metal and then paint it black and put some car door molding around the top and fan opening. The top velcroes to the box.

Inside the box i made a relay in a project box that is sealed waterproof, it is also velcroed on bottom of box, it also powers the green led on top. Inside the box you also have the Eheim 1048 pump, a reservoir i made out of a waterproof electrical box with an opening on top and side entries for water. Also in there is a Chevette heatercore that sits just below the 120 mm fan.
Everything lays out perfect in there, important to note everything in there is siliconed to death plus wrapped with electrical tape for good measure. There are 3 holes in the back, 2 for the water in and out, the other one for the relay and fan molex connectors.

In the computer i have the Maze 3.
This is one of those Chieftec Aluminum with full size side windows.

I got to admit i was skeptical as to the cooling results. I am in my infancy here but so far temps are :

Ambiant : 21
MOBO : 25
CPU Idle : 33
CPU Load : 35 wwwwwwweeeeeeeee :):beer:

Last edited:
OP
fender123

fender123

Ok Ok... hehehe give me a few minutes will test out full load. :)

OP
fender123

fender123

Woopppsss , seems first time i rebooted with watercooling my comp freaked because there wasnt any fans on cpu and defaulted......

Here are the REAL temps.....

CPU Idle : 33 c
CPU FUll Load : 35 c (hovered between 35 and 36 during 20 runs of burn in wizard doing cpu benchie)

Also to note, As3 was just applied, and no water wetter yet.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
oh dude, i didnt really understand how that thing is mounted, i looked at it a little while and came up with some guesses, you wanna let me know how you did mount it?

OP
fender123

fender123

OK you put the 2 hoses in the main piece, lock hoses in block, you put the 4 bars in the block and twist to lock down, put the springs on the 4 bars, put the main piece on top of the springs, bars going through the main piece and finally screw on the screwson 4 bars.

When you tighten the screws, this compresses the springs and makes the hold down go below the block so you can put it in the socket. Once the tabs are secured, untightening the screws make the springs retract to where you have no more pressure on screws you have full lockdown on cpu. Make any sense ?

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
oh man! that is really easy! ill have to see what i can make similar to that;)

OP
fender123

fender123

Totally Newbie proof, i like it, except it hides the Maze a bit too much for my taste, but seems very tight and secure.

OP
fender123

fender123

Update, built cardboard shroud over Heatercore
New temps :

Ambiant : 21
Mobo Idle : 23
Cpu Idle : 30.5 (hovering between 30 and 31
Mobo Load :24
Cpu Load : 33