• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruiseAndy

This post deleated by Forum Moderator .

We don't allow adds by anyone in our forum. Please feel free to use our classifieds on our home page Thank you

Considering you can buy one brand new for $30 at pep boys or any local auto parts vendor....as well as there being several different sizes readily available, I'd say it's not that great of a deal. Also....what if it leaks? Would make it rather difficult to return wouldn't it?

That one is also painted or coated with some substance. You lose efficiency due to that fact. I'd recommend aluminum only because it's the most efficient however brass/copper is second best.

Shadow (Jan 06, 2001 04:38 p.m.):
Considering you can buy one brand new for $30 at pep boys or any local auto parts vendor....as well as there being several different sizes readily available, I'd say it's not that great of a deal. Also....what if it leaks? Would make it rather difficult to return wouldn't it?

That one is also painted or coated with some substance. You lose efficiency due to that fact. I'd recommend aluminum only because it's the most efficient however brass/copper is second best.
I agree that that is a terrible deal. I think a $5 used heater core is a better deal. And it will work better too, heater cores have lots of surface area.

I disagree with shadow saying the coating makes it less efficient. It's black, and if it's good paint it will help radiate heat (avoid polar bear replies at all costs).

I also disagree with shadow saying that aluminum is better than a copper/bronze (their bronze, not brass) radiator. Copper is a much better heat conductor. Some will say that copper absorbs heat, and it doesn't "let it go" as fast as aluminum. That is BS. Copper seems to hold heat because it is denser. It denseness does two thing, makes it conduct heat better, makes it able to store more heat with the same volume. When something conducts heat twice as well, and can store 6 times as much heat, it does take longer to cool after you stop generating more heat (3 times longer in this case). Not because it "holds" the heat more, because it has stored more heat. Hope this clears up the aluminum vs. copper issue. Go with copper.

Back