• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterCooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArchangelMBC

Registered
I new to the cooling scene, but think it is awesome. I'll be building a dual rig soon P4 or Xeons, and I'm wondering a few thing. I would like to build a watercooling rig just for pure joy. Are there any other advantages to running cooler procs if I don't OC them. Won't be able to OC the Xeons, might with P4, but if I don't what are the advantages. Less fan noise, but then you have the pump. Just look'n for anwsers. Thnaks

CSaddict

Keeping your rig cooler is always better for the life of your gear. If your not O/Cing it then I wouldn't bother unless your doing it as a hobby like I'm going to. I have another rig thats my spair gaming machine. It's a little O/Ced so I'm gonna watercool it and then push it till it smokes. I'm collecting parts for the setup now.

OP
A

ArchangelMBC

Registered
duhh

I spaced on the Dual P4's, but am really leaning toward Dual Xeons. I figure I don't really need watercooling, but seems like fun, and is way cool, Thanks for the info