• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wattage Calculator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

OK, Hoot asked me to upload it here, so here it is:

This application will calculate the watts that your CPU will produce when overclocking.

I've changed this file (on this post) to the newest version, it still includes the two others if u want/need them

Last edited:

Fluxer

Whats the formula to find the wattage exactly? It may have been on the page you linked but I probably missed it.

xl

Volts x Amps in a DC system, while it's different in an AC system (Volts x amps = voltamps in AC)

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

OP
The Coolest

The Coolest

xl: u'r right, only this formula will work when u have the 2 of the parameters... It will not work for getting the new watts that the CPU will be outputting b/c u'r missing the new Amps.

The formula I used in this program is: NewWatt = OldWatt * ((Newspeed/OrigSpeed)*(NewVolt/OrigVolt)^2)

the two bottom left boxes u can see the new watts ur CPU will out put and in the second the percentage of O/C u will be getting on that speed.

I think it is something like radiate, but I never saw that one, so I can't tell.

Last edited:
OP
The Coolest

The Coolest

Thanks people for the positive feedback.
I'm looking for any suggestions to make this app a little better, any comments/suggestions?

ToTalXS

Registered
Smack dab in the center of a non-DSL world.
how about a way to place it in the tool bar.......like MBM does...then it cant dynamically show wattage produced by the processor as the speed of the processor varies......mine ranges from 1480-1490 so the wattage would be different ...just a thought.........peace:beer:

OP
The Coolest

The Coolest

Hmmm, not a bad idea, although I don't really know how to get the CPU speed, but I'll work at it, and u will have to specify what CPU u got and it will tell u the wattage on boot from the task bar?

Roger24

Didn't work. When I checked the "Same Vcore" box without typing a value in "New Vcore", I got "You have to enter a value to calculate". When I filled in all the fields, I got "Error number 13 has occured: Type mismatch"

Guid0

It looks like a VB app right?

even if not you can use windows API to get the CPU speed Here a link tells you how. unfortunatly i don't think it's very accurate.........i mean i think it rounds

if you even figure out how get temps let me in on it please

OP
The Coolest

The Coolest

All those who already downloaded this, please download it again, I didn't zip the right files, I zipped the old version. now u can use both if u like, I added the new one also

OP
The Coolest

The Coolest

lil bump :p...
Update: OK, I found a way to get the CPU clock speed now I'm integreting it into the prog... Should be ready pretty soon

dream caster

cannot use it when i try i get a message saying the required
MSVBVM60.DLL
could not be found (i use W98SE)
I tried to get it at microsoft site but i could not .

Roger24

Both are bugged. The first one will only accept the comma on the numeric keypad, not the other one. It also doesn't calculate extra wattage if I make the new voltage higher than the old one. If I check the "same vcore" box, it removes the comma (so 1,7 becomes 17) and gives an outrageously high wattage.
The new one only has K6-2 233 and Celeron 300, and gives me a division by zero error when I hit calculate.