• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Wattman voltage control for RX 480

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

I'm not real clear on how to lower the voltage on my RX 480 through the Wattman Radeon settings. My temps are running around 71C-74C at minimal load (Netflix, etc.). It's not an airflow problem. My drives and CPU are running around 29C. Anybody here familiar with the procedure? I could use a nudge in the right direction. :)

edit: Well, everything I can find is about limiting the voltage at the top end, not the lower frequencies. And my numbers are already at or under the numbers I found in various articles online, but I did find enough info to feel like an idiot for not figuring out the adjustments myself. LOL I guess this card is just going to run hot. It's a reference card with the blower, so that's part of it.

Last edited:

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Yikes that seems really warm. Whats the temps like under full load? If anything you could adjust fan settings to turn up a little more during idle/lower load periods to help compensate for the heat.