• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Way ****ed Off!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gromet

Registered
OK, So I was running a Dell 2.0Ghz system. Went out and bought a brand new Antec case, ASUS P4T-E MOBO, Thermaltake P4 Dragon 475 Heatsync/6000 RPM Fan, running 4 Case fans, twin fans on my 350W Antec PSU. I put everything into the new case. and got everything working agian.

BTW I have a GeForce 3 DDR.

So now I go and test my Video card...

OLD system 3DMark2001se Score 7550

NEW System 6440.

What the hell is going on???

I was overclocking the GeForce with Powerstrip to 235/500 and was fine on the old machine. Now I can't even complete the test most of the time, cause it just locks up... So I took Powerstrip off and tried it just stock, nothing, locks up...

Ran Just Nature... I'm averaging in the low 20's used to be at least 30.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

BTW I'm Overclocking to 2.24Ghz now, upped the FSB to 112.

Any ideas?

Did you do a re-format of your HDD after you installed the new parts?
If you haven't then do this and your score should rocket! Don't forget about downloading New Drivers/Bios updates or anytghing that could help.

Also make sure you're overclock isn't to high, sometimes this reduces the score.
Don't overlook the fact that your new board could be slower, last thing are you using the same version of Windows?

Good Luck,
Maximus Nickus

P.S. If you wish to increase your score then have a look at my Sticky.:)

Reinstalled windows today, fresh format... Still at like 7145 3d Marks... Still lower than the other machine...

Only thing I have installed are XP, Nvidia Drivers, and 3DMark2001se...

????

Gromet said:
Reinstalled windows today, fresh format... Still at like 7145 3d Marks... Still lower than the other machine...

Only thing I have installed are XP, Nvidia Drivers, and 3DMark2001se...

????

I also have a P4 foudn that when I installed Intel Application Accelerator I got a bit of a performance boost.
http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/
That link will take you to the page with the info about it.

Back