• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wc efficiancy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

Does anybody know what a good ratio of water temp to cpu temp is? Currently, my cpu temp seems to be about 5c above water at idle and about 8c at load- is that a good ratio.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
at what speed? it sounds pretty good at any speed! what waterblock?

OP
nealric

nealric

Im running an agoia xp1600 agoia 0213 y at 1.9v. Im using a maze3 and a big res with no rad or anything. Just a bilge pump in a fishtank.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
those are some pretty good temps man! i cant wait to get my hands on one of those blocks :)

OP
nealric

nealric

I think you may be misunderstanding the question. My TEMPS are 35at idle and 42 at load. I am talking about the RATIO of coolant temps to proc temps.

NeoMoses

with a radiator and fan, I believe you would get a few degree drop in water temps, and thus a few degree drop in CPU temps. My water temps run about 2-5C above ambient, full load all the time.

OP
nealric

nealric

Im looking to do a chiller when I get the $, but for now i need a real vid card much more. Dosent seem to make much sense to get a rad/fan for 50 when i can get 15 degree lower temps and quieter operation with a chiller for 120.