• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC loop, what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hey guys,
I've been planning to make a custom loop since a long time now and finally I've gathered money to do it. Now, i'll actually build a whole new rig so this is the parts list and the WC list:

i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VI Formula
EVGA GTX 770 4GB
Corsair 600T

This is the list I made for the WC loop:
XSPC Raystorm CPU block
XSPC GTX 770 waterblock or EK full cover gtx 770 nickel waterblock
Swiftech MCP35x pump
Monsoon Series Two reservoir
XSPC RS radiators (120.1 + 120.2)
Primochill tubing and Silver Coil

So what do you guys think? Any suggestion is more than welcome. Do you think I could use the MOSFET waterblock that the mobo comes with, to add it to the loop?

Thx in advance

I'd get a single rad for easier and cleaner routing personally.

I wouldnt use that feature no. They are quite restrictive and wont net any gains anywhere.

Again, get a lesser board, save some moneh!!!

I'd get a single rad for easier and cleaner routing personally.

I wouldnt use that feature no. They are quite restrictive and wont net any gains anywhere.

Again, get a lesser board, save some moneh!!!

Hahhahaha.. Well, I really want that mobo not just for the power, but for the looks as well ;D. She comes much cheaper to what I had originally gathered for a mobo because in my city, she is extremely expensive. Thx for the suggestion though EarthDog :)

Hmm, single rad? Then should I just make it a 120.3? The RS series seems to be sold out though :S. Do they refresh their stock quite often?

Mehh, RXs are also sold out. -.- But I will be going for them. What do u think about the blocks though?

Yeah, grab the RX lines as those I believe are the low FPI models. Make sure you get the right fans as well.

As for blocks, for the CPU I would personally choose one of these and possibly pick the one to go with my builds theme:

Swiftech Apogee HD

Heatkiller Rev 3.0

Koolance 380I

XSPC Raystorm

Here are some CPU Block reviews and tests done by the one and only Martinsliquidlab.

As for GPU blocks, I would use CoolingConfigurator depending if you want a full block or a universal block so you're able to use it on other cards. Think about full blocks is they cool off the Ram and VRMs as well. I like full blocks but cost more. It's all up to you.

Yeah, grab the RX lines as those I believe are the low FPI models. Make sure you get the right fans as well.

As for blocks, for the CPU I would personally choose one of these and possibly pick the one to go with my builds theme:

Swiftech Apogee HD

Heatkiller Rev 3.0

Koolance 380I

XSPC Raystorm

Here are some CPU Block reviews and tests done by the one and only Martinsliquidlab.

As for GPU blocks, I would use CoolingConfigurator depending if you want a full block or a universal block so you're able to use it on other cards. Think about full blocks is they cool off the Ram and VRMs as well. I like full blocks but cost more. It's all up to you.

Hey Jack,
Well my original thought was to go for the Raystorm as my CPU block so I guess i'll be getting that. Now, about the GPU, I'm going for full cover waterblock for sure. The thing is, EK doesn't make full cover waterblock for EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX cooler (4GB) but I guess that XSPC one will fit..(??)

Over at Xtreme Forums, Stren has done some huge CPU block tests also. Seems Martin has helped guide him, it's a huge list. He's also working on GPU block testing too.

Over at Xtreme Forums, Stren has done some huge CPU block tests also. Seems Martin has helped guide him, it's a huge list. He's also working on GPU block testing too.

I'll head there and check then. Ohw btw, regarding the pump and reservoir, should I go for the Monsoon Series two or Primochill Compression tube is fine as well? And for pump: Swiftech MCP35x or MCP665 Vario?

It's covered in many stickies and posts. But, the Box Gods Monsoon is the best bay res on the market. Sold at PPC.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?258749-New-Monsoon-Modular-Reservoir-System

The 35x is the best pump out there.

What is Primochill compression tube? Tubing or fittings? What do you mean?

It's a reservoir.. Tube style just like Alphacools etc. Ok then I will be getting the Monsoon and 35x. I've read the stickies but I really wanted to know the current situation. For fittings I'll be going for compression fittings from XSPC.

I would check this out also if you E-Mail the Reference number off the GPU you are looking to buy. They will E-Mail a list of Water Blocks that will fit, i did this with mine and they answered me within 48Hrs. Also i will post you there Web Site you can look at the GPU Blocks plus look at the Support Section as well. GL Bardock.

1, http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-gpu/

Regards,

AJ.

I would check this out also if you E-Mail the Reference number off the GPU you are looking to buy. They will E-Mail a list of Water Blocks that will fit, i did this with mine and they answered me within 48Hrs. Also i will post you there Web Site you can look at the GPU Blocks plus look at the Support Section as well. GL Bardock.

1, http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-gpu/

Regards,

AJ.

Hey Ajay,
Thx once again for ur help. So the reference number of the card is the following: 04G-P4-3776-KR
In the support section of XSPC it seems like their Razor GTX 770 waterblock supports the card I'm willing to buy. Just a cross-check of compatibility would be great. :)

EDIT: I just checked again and it doesn't fit on the EVGA GTX 770 Dual Classified w/ ACX cooler. :( If u can find a full cover waterblock it would be great

As ED would say Buy a Reference 770 Card that fits that WC Block, if you want!! No good beating yourself up if something does not fit, try looking into another card etc. ;) :thup:

Its up to you as its your WC Build, so long as you have not already purchased this 770 card??? :shrug:

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130920

Maybe something like this, but you need to check it out to see if the WC Block fits????

AJ.

Last edited:
As ED would say Buy a Reference 770 Card that fits that WC Block, if you want!! No good beating yourself up if something does not fit, try looking into another card etc. ;) :thup:

Its up to you as its your WC Build, so long as you have not already purchased this 770 card??? :shrug:

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130920

Maybe something like this, but you need to check it out to see if the WC Block fits????

AJ.

The weird thing is that in the support list of XSPC, I cannot find 3776-KR reference number. It goes from 3772 to 3777.. Maybe I should e-mail them?

Hey Jack,
Well my original thought was to go for the Raystorm as my CPU block so I guess i'll be getting that. Now, about the GPU, I'm going for full cover waterblock for sure. The thing is, EK doesn't make full cover waterblock for EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX cooler (4GB) but I guess that XSPC one will fit..(??)

That CPU block is nice so you're set there.

As for the GPU block, I thought you meant GTX 770 4GB but doing a little more reading in this thread I saw you post the P/N. It's actually a EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4GB. Unfortunately in many cases they don't make waterblocks for those nor they ever have if my memory serves me right. Main GPU block companies make reference blocks for the regular 770s etc. and one particular for the classifieds.

To save you lots of headaches and time I would return it for a refund in exchange of a GPU that is compatible with full cover GPU blocks. I would also quite frankly just purchase a GPU from EVGA with a swiftech already installed waterblock on it. That's what I did and saved more money instead of buying both separate. If you figure the GPU you have now goes for $479.99 and a GPU full block would go for say $130-$150, you're already spending $600+. Honestly I would grab this as its a way better binned picked GPU on a bigger PCB with a much bigger and better power phase for great roaring OCing capabilities. Best 770 in the market. GTX 770 Classified Dual Bios 4GB I would honestly grab that while its in stock before they run out since Classified are a limited run usually depending on the demand and always go out of stock after some time or right away otherwise you're pretty much spending that same amount for a lesser GPU and a block.

Hope this helps. :salute:

That CPU block is nice so you're set there.

As for the GPU block, I thought you meant GTX 770 4GB but doing a little more reading in this thread I saw you post the P/N. It's actually a EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4GB. Unfortunately in many cases they don't make waterblocks for those nor they ever have if my memory serves me right. Main GPU block companies make reference blocks for the regular 770s etc. and one particular for the classifieds.

To save you lots of headaches and time I would return it for a refund in exchange of a GPU that is compatible with full cover GPU blocks. I would also quite frankly just purchase a GPU from EVGA with a swiftech already installed waterblock on it. That's what I did and saved more money instead of buying both separate. If you figure the GPU you have now goes for $479.99 and a GPU full block would go for say $130-$150, you're already spending $600+. Honestly I would grab this as its a way better binned picked GPU on a bigger PCB with a much bigger and better power phase for great roaring OCing capabilities. Best 770 in the market. GTX 770 Classified Dual Bios 4GB I would honestly grab that while its in stock before they run out since Classified are a limited run usually depending on the demand and always go out of stock after some time or right away otherwise you're pretty much spending that same amount for a lesser GPU and a block.

Hope this helps. :salute:

Actually, that's the GPU I want to buy,as I said above..... :rofl: Now, the cost is already fixed for the money I can spend on this rig.So money are not a problem as soon as it's at the limits of what I can spend and as long as I get what I want.

To the point, the P/N of this card doesn't show up at the support list of XSPC. I sent them an e-mail to tell me if it is supported or not. I'm waiting for a response on Monday I guess..

Give them time they will answer you soon, they did help me a lot with my WC GPU Blocks.

AJ.

Give them time they will answer you soon, they did help me a lot with my WC GPU Blocks.

AJ.

I hope so. I had a bit of a doubt about pump/res. Should I go directly for the Box Gods Monsoon or should I get the reservoir that goes with the MCP35x?

Back