• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC loop, what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you go for a tube res I would recommend XSPC Photon 170 or 270 if you have the space for it.

Much better build quality than the Primochill CTR, Also the CTR is a real pain to reassemble if you have to open it up. Quality concerns with the acrylic tube they use as well.

Yea.. I've read about Primochill's CTR yesterday since I was considering getting that one. Well, I'll check how everything fit inside the 600T and I'm gonna get either Monsoon Series Two or XSPC Photon.. It will pretty much depend on looks since they both perform well and they are both high quality products. Photon fits onto 35x without a problem right?

One of my favorites that I passed up on since I have MCP-35X2's in a Maelstrom otherwise I would've grabbed a Monsoon Series two. They do make a single MCP-35x model which I think you should take a look at. Really nice reservoir with built-in LEDs and 2 threaded silver bullets.

Photon will not fit directly onto any pump, has 3 g1/4 ports on the bottom. so you have to plumb it in.
If you are tight on space then the monsoon may be a better fit.

Hmm, I guess I'll take a look at that when the time comes.. For now I'm really waiting for an answer from XSPC for that GPU block -.-

Well, I got an answer.. They simply told me that the particular card is not a reference card and they don't support it. Just that...Should I just go for a 2gb GTX 770 which is supported? Or what? That card seemed really nice for her price

Last edited:
I did say they would answer you, but not the one you where looking for. So now you have to choose between that card you want and one that will WC!!! Or something else instead.

Hmm.. I'll be getting a different model of GTX 770 then I guess. Everything else is settled so ty guys for all the info and the help :)

I'll be creating a project log as soon as I get to start building it up.

Well, I got an answer.. They simply told me that the particular card is not a reference card and they don't support it. Just that...Should I just go for a 2gb GTX 770 which is supported? Or what? That card seemed really nice for her price

I already told ya, you're going to be paying close to a 770 classy hydro. You might need $30-$50 more for it. I would do it. Up to you sir.

Photon will not fit directly onto any pump, has 3 g1/4 ports on the bottom. so you have to plumb it in.
If you are tight on space then the monsoon may be a better fit.

Since you've posted this on "the other board" ... :)

Attachments

• p270d5.PNG
    p270d5.PNG
    161.7 KB · Views: 54
I already told ya, you're going to be paying close to a 770 classy hydro. You might need $30-$50 more for it. I would do it. Up to you sir.

Did some research now that I got some spare time. GTX 770 Dual classified hydro copper costs 630$ at EVGA's site.... :sly: With that money, I can almost get 2x GTX 770 2gb SC on SLI...

Did some research now that I got some spare time. GTX 770 Dual classified hydro copper costs 630$ at EVGA's site.... :sly: With that money, I can almost get 2x GTX 770 2gb SC on SLI...

Yes understand but now you're saying you're not going to water cool them and just keep them on air? Add say $150 per card for the blocks than you'll see what I mean. I could've bought 2 770s (air) as well for my 1 780 classified hydro copper. 2 GB isn't enough imo. It will be outdated soon. BF4 beta for example I am getting on 1080p on ultra settings 2100 MB Vram used. If you're going for any GPU at least get more than 2 GB to be safe otherwise you'll be smashing your head through the wall in 1-1 1/2 years time.

After thinking about it a bit I'll be getting the GTX 780. Now I found the XSPC block here.

I've checked the support list of the WB and fits to the card I found. But this seems a bit too cheap. Is it "valid"?

EDIT: I looked a bit more closely and I saw that it's just the backplate -.-

Last edited:
Sry for double post, but where can I buy the wb for my GPU elsewhere than the XSPC site?

Depends which card you go with. Not all full water blocks will fit most cards out there. EVGA has its own water block on its cards. GTX 780 Hydro Copper and GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper. Some EK blocks might fit other companies like Asus, Gigabyte and even EVGA but it's usually ONLY the reference cards. You will end up spending more buying them both separate, the card and the block than if you went and bought the actual GTX 780 Hydro Copper. For $30 more you can grab the Classified HC. It's cheaper to buy them already installed and they come with 3 year card warranty, not user. Classified are the only GPUs in the world that is on a custom PCB with a specifically made custom water block from Swiftech.

Back