• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Setup..Anything I should be concerned about?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaggerate

Alright..I'm about to purchase a full blown Dtek setup including the following:

Flowmaster XT w/ Eheim 1250 and WW

FSB NB cooler

VGA Cooler

Is there anything I should be concerned about...I know that the NB cooler has been known to be restrictive..but I can always remove it from the system or go with a bigger pump (Mag 5)

Let me know your thoughts..

System is:

NF7-S rev. 2.0
Athlon XP Barton 2800+
ATI Radeon 9600pro
Antec PlusView Case

Wecome to the Forums!!!

Only thing to worry about is leaks and make sure the VGA block you are looking at will fit your card. Also are you getting the Lexan top WW or the Al top one? Also are you going to be using a single or dual shroud set up?

Get the whitewater CPU block and you should be good, I don't THINK you should have any problems with that pump and those blocks...

Though it MIGHT be a little cheaper to get all the same parts and a T line instead of the res, but thats essentailly preferance.

Neeways:
Welcome To The Forums!:D
Feel Free to Introduce Yourself:D

EDIT:He beat me... Guess I am a lil slow :p

Right now I have the D-Tek WW, Eheim 1250, 1986 Chevette heatercore with dual shrouds and 2 120mm 100cfm fans at 100%. With my 2500 running at 210x11 and a Vcore of 1,75 my idle temp is 36C and a load temp of 42C and thats running Prime95 and virus scanning.

Yes, I'm getting the White Water Block...aluminum I believe..

I have thought about getting a dual shroud setup but currently I have 8 fans in the case as it is...and I want to see how cold I can get this puppy with a WC and AC setup at the same time...just gotta make sure the PSU can take it...a 120mm push fan definitely may be in the works in the future if my two intake fans (80mm and 2 dead spots :( ) don't please my radiator cooling...

I also ordered a T-line so I can play around with the advantages/disadvantages of bleeding the system with either...and which one will yield better temp results...pics available next week...

Also...how are you guys routing PSU cabling in your Antec Cases??...I assume you are sleeving it..but where abouts are you putting most of this stuff? (behind the mobo?)...I've seen a lot of CLEAN setups in the Watercooling galleries and I was wondering where you guys route some of those annoying PSU wires...

THX and have a Happy New Year!!

For mine the only wires you will see is the ones going to the CD-roms and the HDDs and the are wrapped with wire loom and the rest of the wires are on the other side of the case. I could take a pic if you wanted but it's not a pretty sight.

Back