• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC system too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no, the problem is I can't get to that side of my heater core due to the front panel of my case. I can take the panel off, but I have to remove all of the drives first, including my digidoc. And those of you know have one of these know how much of a pain it is to mess with it once it is installed.

Dusting it off seemed to help, but not as much as I initially thought. After a couple hours running it is back up to 44C. Still an improvement over the 47C it was at this morning, but not very good none the less. Oh well, if I get done with my take home test, I might run out and get that mag2 this weekend afterall.

no, my fans are in the way. look at the pics I posted and you will understand. I can't take the shroud off as I rivited it (and the fans) to the case to minimize vibration. I am probably going to have to look into a different way of doing this.. :cry:

Man, your system looks great. I want to see more pics.

I think you need to use a dust filter. Just go to Petsmart and get some wet filter. You can wash and reuse those so it saves money. Just put a big piece behind the front plastic panel of the case. Good luck man.

That is a good idea, but right now I have no way of putting a filter in there without cutting an access port or something out of the bottom of my case. And since I am not sure how much longer I am going to be using this case (already working on rev2), I don't want to do a bunch of stuff that might not last very long. Thanks for the inputs though.

Sneakytermite said:
Man, your system looks great. I want to see more pics.

I think you need to use a dust filter. Just go to Petsmart and get some wet filter. You can wash and reuse those so it saves money. Just put a big piece behind the front plastic panel of the case. Good luck man.

I have more pics up here.

Your water looks really green you may have used to much antifreeze, you should only use about 15-20% I had that problem once i used to much and when i added more distilled water my temps dropped about 4c

First of all, it isn't antifreeze it is dye. I just liked the green color :)

Secondly, I just added some water wetter yesterday but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Right now I am just going to try to keep it from getting hotter until I can make some changes to the system. Just have to wait for school to get out so I can have some free time.

water wetter wont lower temps. Plain and simple. You dont have a car in your computer, the temp doesn't get high enough for the advantages of water wetter on temp to take effect. The magic of water wetter in computer cooling use is it's resistive and anti-organic properties. I've had the same distilled/water wetter fluid in my computer for almost 3 years of constant use. I haven't added or changed or removed any. No organic growth, no battery effect.

Posidon42 said:
no, my fans are in the way. look at the pics I posted and you will understand. I can't take the shroud off as I rivited it (and the fans) to the case to minimize vibration. I am probably going to have to look into a different way of doing this.. :cry:

ummmm what pix?
Rob

ive got an innovatek kit and its pretty similar,it sounds to me just the way the rig is set up,i had some problems tring to find the right combination for me case.try Pump-CPU block-radiator-pump

you will get much better flow over your cpu as your pump is much closer and that should keep it from getting so warm in there

well I have decided that something is definitely wrong. I put my 2500+ chip back to stock speeds and voltages and it is still running 38C under full load. Looks like I get to tear apart my computer this weekend :)

strange. I finally got around to putting a Mag 2 in my system and the temps haven't changed. It still is sitting around 43C under full load with room temp of 25C (both by onboard measurement). Maybe this is just one of those cases where the bios is messing up again. It seems to be a condition with these NF-7 series motherboards. Should I just manually adust it down to where it should be or are these really valid measurements?

Aren't ABIT boards notorious for reading high?

Have you tried an external temperature probe? Doesn't the digidoc have one?

Looking at your pictures, your system should work very well. I was using something similar and had temps that did not stray very far from ambient. Under full load, I went from 22 to 24-25 degrees C with a room temp of 22.

I had a big dolphin DP-560 pump and was using 3/4 inch tubing that split into two 1/2 inch runs to a MCW5000 and DD gforce 4 block and then recombined to 3/4 inch, back to the radiator and back to the pump.

Yes I have heard that ABIT boards run high, but I don't know how high. The Digidoc won't read it correctly because I don't have a thermal probe to put under the cpu to get the true temperature. Well, actually I do have the one that came with my volcano 11, but I was always afraid of using it due to messing up the contact surface. I guess it is ok since I get the same reading all the time, it just seems like ABIT needs to get this problem fixed.

Sigh...look at my first comment in page 1. Most ABIT boards report the temp 5-10C higher since it doesn't have a cpu diode probe.

well, I knew they were off, but I didn't know by how much. Strange thing is that if I o/c anymore, it starts to get unstable.

Back