• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wd MyBook world edition ii blue ring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this NAS. I was given one recently andbit had one bad drive. I managed to login to the control panel via a web browser. Because the desktop software that works withcit was shut down.

Things i know.

Its currentlynin raid1 but with one dead drive.

Only wd greenpowers work with it.

No disk management utilities work currently. I assume because i dont have a second gp drive to install.

Now as this is an older device i have to install one replacement drive at a time and rebuild i beliwve before i can set it to jbod.

I ordered 2 2tb greenpowers off of ebay to upfrade it. Its currently got 2 1tb drives in it. Is this device worth the hassle for running as a media server.

I am trying to feed my home videos to my aquos tv as well as laptops around the house. Current setup is shared drives on my w10 desktop but the aquos wont play them. I get unsupported format errors. I tried shared folders, wmp media streaming and plex. The samenfiles on a flash drive work fine on the tv.

Should i try and flip tgis unit out on ebay and invest in a newer NAS that can use my 2 or 3 3tb seagates?

TIA

Rich