• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We need better mobo overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chipvideo

Why can't a company come out and give us a dual mobo with a decent vcore. I would love to be able to go as high as 2 volts.

dustybyrd

you can do a pin mod on the socket to get 1.85 volts...isn't that enough? especially for a dual system that gets hot...

i would think that the speed advantages given with 2v over 1.85 volts wouldn't be that great...

DayUSeX

yeah 2v is alot, but i agree mobo companys should give us better OCing options

Deathknight

I would rather see better FSB ocing options than a ton of vcore. 2 processors pushing 2v would be an insane amount of heat! :eek:

OP
C

chipvideo

I would love to be able to have a fsb of 320 at a vcore of 1.95.

Watercooling would make it stable enough.

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
But how many people would actually do that? Mobo companies can't make a niche product and still make a profit. And if they toss those options in and people use them stupidly, they're going to get high rates of RMAs on them (don't get me started on RMAs). I agree that an NForce2 (or equivalent new product) dualie would be righteous, but it's not going to happen.

Z

wquiles

I would just like to have parity with the single-CPU boards, specially being able to have FSB to at least 200Mhz, locked PCI/AGP buses, and good vcore range.

Maybe there are simply not enough of us to warrant such a design :-(

Deathknight

chipvideo said:
I would love to be able to have a fsb of 320 at a vcore of 1.95.

Watercooling would make it stable enough.

320? I haven't heard of any AMD boards that have ever gotten up to 320fsb, regardless of the cooling. Heck 200fsb would be a good starting point ;)

DayUSeX

zachj said:
But how many people would actually do that? Mobo companies can't make a niche product and still make a profit. And if they toss those options in and people use them stupidly, they're going to get high rates of RMAs on them (don't get me started on RMAs). I agree that an NForce2 (or equivalent new product) dualie would be righteous, but it's not going to happen.

Z

i agree it wont happen becuase people RMA everything to heck and back.
but at least a multiplier adjustment, FSB, and PCI lock would be nice. Vcore can always be done with pins. But still this is almost all bios so i dont see why not. If i was braver i woudl try to hack my bios but im not that daring.

Deathknight

I fail to see where RMA enters into it. There is an enormous line of excellent single cpu motherboards that have these ocing features. Profitablility is the main factor in any business decision and there just isn't a big market for boards like this(but those of us that would be part of that market can still dream for it ;) ). The types of situations that dual processor boards are used in typically demand stability over features.

Really I don't think RMAs are that big of an issue with motherboards anyway. Most people fry out their cpu or video card before they hose their motherboard. Heck most of the damaged motherboards I see are due to volt mods gone wrong. Volt mods that are done because of a lack of voltage options in bios hehe.