• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weak link causing my problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

So, Ive had some issues of differing kinds since I got my 1366 set up (in sig). I dont think the sata ports are going bad, but drives wouldnt show up at times, and then I could some times coax it back by moving ports. Today, Im getting no video. Now I know, Im pushing the hell out of this psu, with that rig plus fans and pumps for my loop, but would that be the issue? Id think nothing would power if the psu couldnt handle or was failing. Is it the the multiple rails slowly failing maybe? The loop adds 2 mcp-600 and 6 san ace 120x38's. Ive been running about 2 hdds on it as well.
I know I need more power. This power supply wasnt meant to be for this build. It was just kinda what I had, and I didnt have the cash to bump up at the time, or yet for that matter (well not without getting something that isnt what I want in another psu).

edit: Had the gpu cranked up some lately too.

OP
georanma

georanma

Well, plugged in my caviar black into my silverstone zues, and its running fine. Im eying that ocz psu some more now. I think its the suspect to my issues for sure.