• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Web Cam Page?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Don't know if this has been brought up or not but I thought it would be cool.How about a overclockers web cam page for its 3star + members?Now of course there would be a need for a general rules and guide lines for it.But all this could be worked out.

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Not sure what you mean by a "web-cam" page. Definately wouldn't be for 100+ post members, though, whatever it is. The only thing we restrict by post counts are the classifieds, and that has nothing to do with it being a benefit to members...it's a troll prevention method.

Post count is an irrelevant number here.

Interested to hear what you mean about the web cam thing, though. :)

BinarySuperman

He probably means a feature on oc.com where u can go and connect via netmeeting to other oc.com members and we can all have a live confrence.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I'm not sure how it would be hosted but back in my unreal and UT days there was a site I would go to called unreality.org.They had a web cam page for any one that was a member of their forum.It was neat,it would have six live web came feeds going per page.I never got a chance to sign up for it.I didn't have a web cam at the time.Now I do and thought it would be cool for other members and myself to be able to share what goes in their computer room.It would have to be clean and appropriate of course.

Thelemac

Ah, so a video chat room?

Don't think that's going to happen...same problems plus a couple of others that we'd have with having an official chat room. There are a few threads about it in Forums Coments and Suggestions (actually, I think it's covered in the sticky). About chat rooms, that is.

It does sound like a pretty neat idea though.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Not a chat room.Just a live feed from people's web cams.Not something like 30fps eather.More like a new image every 30 or 60 sec.

Thelemac

Ah, with that come the problem of us hosting the images, with our bandwidth. Which we use lots of as it is, and using more is not really much of an option because of the costs associated with that. We don't get all of our costs covered by advertising, so this is an issue for us, unfortunately.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Other then the page it self wouldnt the images be hosted by the person with the web cam and when the web cam was off it would just come up as a broken image?

Thelemac

Um, judging by the link that Twisted posted, it's uploaded to the server and displayed from there.

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
Thelemac said:
Ah, so a video chat room?

Don't think that's going to happen...same problems plus a couple of others that we'd have with having an official chat room.

It does sound like a pretty neat idea though.

don't rule it out, i bet in 10 years most of the internet will be in video ;) (my predictions have always proved to be correct :cool:)