• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web Design Help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DUREX

Disabled
can anyone help me work on soem websites nuttin ahrd basic stuff im jsut wondering if soemones willing to help me out a little im little new to html and stuff but if uc an IM me on AIM thx guys

what do you need help with? what do you mean by basic? Like tables, frames, etc? anyway I'll IM you if I see you on.. :)

I can help you if you need it. Im pretty good at html. If you need some help IM me at KiKaL1

THE best site for HTML reference is http://www.ncdesign.org

It lists every HTML tag and attribute, what it's compatible with, and it gives examples.

I've been doing HTML for 7 years nad ifyou need any help I'm available. Just let me know when you'll be on (I don't use AIM a whole lot).

I have available for download from my site a very simple beginners app. that i have recommended to beginners for years. It was avaible to AOL custumers a few years ago and called AOLPress. I pretty well know my way around HTML and basically hand write most of my code. Aolpress is basically a cut and paste type html editor which as you wish you can switch over to see the html coding it produces for you so you can learn it. It is an older program so java , Dhtml and javascripts aren't supported. Another thing you'll like about it is the ease to make frames and tables to which even most new apps can't compare. If you want something newer to use i use CoffeeCup Editor.

Download AOLPress from here.

Burning Phoenix said:
I have available for download from my site a very simple beginners app. that i have recommended to beginners for years. It was avaible to AOL custumers a few years ago and called AOLPress. I pretty well know my way around HTML and basically hand write most of my code. Aolpress is basically a cut and paste type html editor which as you wish you can switch over to see the html coding it produces for you so you can learn it. It is an older program so java , Dhtml and javascripts aren't supported. Another thing you'll like about it is the ease to make frames and tables to which even most new apps can't compare. If you want something newer to use i use CoffeeCup Editor.

Download AOLPress from here.

You're a Press junky too? It's the only program I've used ever since I started. All the other WYSIWYG editors added so much garbage code that I went to the notepad-ish feel of AOLpress.

YEP! thats the program i taught myself HTML on approx. 4 years ago and refuse to delete from my site for download because in my opinion it was the easiest self teaching HTML editor i know of. It is no longer available for download anywhere i know of and noone offers help support for it. I may still have somewhere on cd the help files for it if needed.

I use it because it's simple and doesn't bork around with what you're trying to accomplish with pointless wizards or crappy code. It also has customizable toolbar buttons.

It's one step up from using notepad and a browser. I still have the install file too.

I use note pad! It's absolutelly THE best!

anyway.... If you need help with anything, I'm good with html, javascript, and my friends know cgi and some other stuff. Just let me know!

KiKaL said:
I can help you if you need it. Im pretty good at html. If you need some help IM me at KiKaL1

that was extremely helpfull, except that tripod doesnt allow you to use html any more. Unless u pay them

I need something to my site "different" from others, anyone got some ideas that i can use ? I'm thinking of changing the index image, a woman is just to typica, I'm probably gong to use something more abstract but i dunno what.l

DDR-PIII said:
I need something to my site "different" from others, anyone got some ideas that i can use ? I'm thinking of changing the index image, a woman is just to typica, I'm probably gong to use something more abstract but i dunno what.l
Inspiration is a hard thing to ask for and receive. I suggest just biding your time. Contemplating what you want your site to look like, while still being original.

baqai said:
those are some awesome links guys any good links for cgi, php, asp etc?

I've got some bookmarked on my other computer right now, but when I switch computer I'll post em for ya :)

Back