• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

webuildpcs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

Has anyone had any experience with webuildpcs ?

The prices look OK on some of the stuff and i was thinking about getting some stuff from them. The build your own systems look like an ok deal for a toy system for my son.

Any input would be appreciated.

have heard iffy complaints on them but I got a case and some other assorted stuff fine from them as did Mr B.

I realize the systems aren't top notch , but they look ok , at least for a seven year old.

Now the only problem I have is convincing him that a desktop would be better (and much cheaper)than a laptop.

I bought several components from them. They sent the stuff just fine;however, when it came to getting customer service, forget it. Not even so much as a reply to an e-mail. Their prices are good, they have a good turnaround on their shipments, but just hope you don't have any problems with your stuff.

I have to make a new choice because they stopped carrying the case I ordered. What would you buy off this site (not just cases) for $50,$60,and$70 respectively. Thanks.

druidelder said:
I have to make a new choice because they stopped carrying the case I ordered. What would you buy off this site (not just cases) for $50,$60,and$70 respectively. Thanks.
I would advise you to buy nothing from these guys,If you ordered something before and had no problems you got lucky.Look up abilitywholesale.com at reseller ratings,thats these guys.My friend is talking to a lawyer to try and get his money back for defective merchandise he bought there now even though I warned him not to buy from there.I have been in there store numerous times to try and staighten out messed up orders and such for people here in the forums that have been burned by these guys.Im hoping the bbb takes action on these guys for all the complaints they have received on them.

I realize all of that, but I didn't find out about resllerratings or any really good opinions pages until a few days after I made the purchase. I don't really plan on purchasing from them in the future, but I already bought a case. Then they stopped carrying it. They have my money and they said to pick something else. I could just try and get my money back, but it was hard enough getting them to acknowledge this one, so I figure it will be easier to just pick something of approximate value and go with that.

Ability & webuild pcs have alot of new hardworking people,,,,,
email [email protected] they have a guy who is currently cleaning up the mess...I'm sure they will straighten out yours too.;)

The mess is essentially straightened out, now I just have to figure out what I want to get as a replacement order.

I'd say yes.....;)

-and don't believe too much of the bs....some kid in Portage, In. stole from them...got fired...& is now posting garbage. Maybe he'll grow up tomorrow?:rolleyes:

Thermal said:
I'd say yes.....;)

-and don't believe too much of the bs....some kid in Portage, In. stole from them...got fired...& is now posting garbage. Maybe he'll grow up tomorrow?:rolleyes:
You dont believe it?Why dont you try calling them and asking if its true?They will tell you the truth,oh wait I forgot,they dont answer the phone or get back to your emails:rolleyes:
They even cut the article out of the paper and taped it to their counter.And who said he was "posting garbage" as you say?if you are refering to me putting in a bad word about these guys then you obviously are friends with someone there or work there yourself or have never been burned and had to deal with them.You dont understand,I used to recommend these guys because of there low prices until peopl I recommened started getting burned.Now every week I see a new post about someone getting ripped off with these guys.You are rolling dice with this company,Its just not worth the chance.

I ordered some cables from them awhile back...no problem with that. However I did have a bad experience w/ a differant co. once...it got straightened out eventually, I never went around posting stuff....I just did'nt order from them again.

PS-nope....I don't think I know anyone in IN.

3 orders from them for me, no problem with the parts or anything. on the third order one part didnt come cause it was on backorder, and i couldnt get any customer service help whatsoever. other than that, its good. ;\

If your order does get screwed up, email them saying that it got screwed up. They won't respond. Wait a day or three, then say that after not receiving any response, you are compelled to cc this to your legal advisor and cc it to a friend with an email address that isn't easily identified (i.e. aol or hotmail). You'll get your response.

Back