• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weight and Hard tube compressing fittings...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Datreja

Hello everyone!

So i´m basically almost there with everything i need to start my first custom loop but after a lot of research i have one questions that still remains. I have order all the parts i need
and am going for a setup that is simular to the picture that is shown below.

First my part list for the loop:

EK-DBAY D5 PWM (incl. pump)
EK-Supremacy EVO cpu block
EK-CoolStream PE 480 (Quad)
EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 - Black
4x EK-HD PETG Tube 12/16mm 500mm (2pcs)
4x Thermaltake Riing 12 LED White

So I´m almost ready to start but one question remains. I´ve read that the compression fittings of hard tubing will NOT fix the actual tube in place with a lot of force/pressure. So when
I saw the setup shown in the picture below which will be more or less the setup that i will be following, a question came to me.. How much weight can there be hanging from one of
those compression fittings? As shown on the picture below (From jayztwocents). The tube on the back coming from the radiator is pretty long and i´m assuming that once filled with
liquid it has quite some weight to it. Is the weight enough so that the compression fitting might fail due to the weight of the actual tube?

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciatd.

Here the picture:

tube example.jpg

Once I´m done i will post pics of the final results! :)

Thanks again,

Gr Datreja

You don't want the tube/fitting to have any weight/pressure on it due to causing a potential leak path.

What do you think of the setup shown in the picture though? Is that tube long enough to cause any issues?

Thank for the quick reply m8. Much appreciated! ;)

No, you just need to watch how close your bend is to the placement of the tube so you avoid side loading.
The issue isn't the weight of the tube/liquid, but having a bend slightly off and forcing it in to the fitting.

You're welcome, glad I could help!
Also, :welcome: to the forum :)

Thanks man! I was just worried that due to the lenght of the tube that i might have just popped out after a couple of days.

As long as the compression fitting is tight and it was not put into stress during installation it won't have any problems :thup:

Back