• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z_oc

I have an old Creative TNT2 card that had been lying in a box for a few months.

Yesterday I plugged the card in my 2nd PC, and it runs fine in Windows. Tried 3Dmark 2001 and I keep on getting these weird artifacts in the Dragothic test and Hotel Lobby scene. I am attaching pics with the artifacts showing. Other benchies in 3DMark 2001 run fine without any artifacts.

What is the cause of these artifacts and how can I get rid of them? I've changed drivers and done clean installs also. System is fine - tested with other cards (even another TNT2), and no probs. No OC for system or card, and the card isn't very hot either.

Dragothic.jpg

Lobby.jpg

GT2000

Possibly a certain aspect of the card not functioning properly? Like, those 2 tests run specific instructions that the others don't. Just speculation however.

p!ktu]2e_1

Don't worry about it, just get new video card;) It is an old card and some instructions are probably too complex:p

OP
Z

Z_oc

p!ktu]2e_1, even older less powerful cards can run the test without artifacts (TNT2 M64).

Actually this card is not for me, it's for someone else who needs to have his card replaced.

Also noticed there are some minor artifacts in 1-2 desktop icons from time to time.

OP
Z

Z_oc

Card has a passive heatsink. Used it before and it never gave these probs.

Downclocked the core and memory with Powerstrip, still getting artifacts. Th card is hot, but not very hot. Next I'll put a fan on it and see what happens.