• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird buzzing noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vipergtsr1736

I just got my BFG 5950 ultra and I love this card. It makes a pretty loud buzzing or clicking noise whenever running 3dmark or during a game. It almost sounds like a hard drive because it isnt consistent sounding. I cant figure out what it is. It is DEFINITELY from the video card, but im puzzled. Its like a frequency noise, and the buzz varies according to gameplay. Other than that, its running fine. Its not overclocked at all yet. I have tried putting my CPU to stock and still does it. It also does it when scrolling on web pages. Any ideas????:confused: :confused:

itizme

its got to be the fan I would think, maybe loose. out of balance or something like that

Any chance a cable is against it??

FIZZ3

The fan on your card is supposed to speed up during 3D use. That means it will be more silent when the system is sitting idle and it will begin to make more noise when you fire up a game. Maybe it's just this (normal) noise difference that you hear.

Rokk1972

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the 5900U and the 5950U, both will make a vibration/rattling noise when under a load. Mine will also make some noise when I use the wheel to scroll on my mouse. This is a known issue, with no fix as of yet.

Jimbob7

I know people have said its not the fan. Load a game and start playing when u hear the clicking or what even stop the fan just for a second and see if it goes :)

You have probably already done this, worth a try tho :)