• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Growth in Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turok_t

Registered
Hey everyone,

I had my loop for around 6 weeks now and all my parts are new including: CPU block, GPU block, pump, reservoir, radiators x2 and hard tubing. They are all brand new and never used. Given that my CPU and GPU block have acrylic tops, I can see that they were absolutely clean without any debris at all when I purchased them. I rinsed them with distilled water for 30 minutes or so before installing them. For the radiators, I have cleaned and rinsed them as well for several hours to remove any debris from the factory. I did this religiously to ensure that both radiators were completely cleaned before I installed them.

Currently, I am using Dazmode protector (https://www.dazmode.com/shop/watercooling/liquids/performance-liquid/dazmode-protector/) which is an anti-corrosion and biocide coolant. People claim this is the same stuffs as Feser One from Germany. It recommends mixing 100mL of this coolant with up to 900mL of distilled water. I mixed 100mL of this coolant with 700mL of distill water in my loop.

Anyhow, my watercooling loop has been running for 6 weeks (my computer is usually turned off at night time) and I find this weird growth in my loop. As you can see from the pictures and videos below, there are blotches of white spots which look like mold/lint and appear fluffy too. You can see these spots along the hard tubing, CPU waterblock and reservoir. Also, you can see a thin layer of this fluffy stuff on the surface of the water in the reservoir.
Any idea what this is? Is this algae growth?

Here are the pics and videos:
20210811-103351.jpg
20210811-103005.jpg
20210811-103030.jpg

no clue what it is... but it sounds like whatever biocide was in there isn't working well. I'd break it down, clean it out and then use something else. :(

Yeah, gonna clean it out for sure.. Any good recommendation for a clear coolant? Ive researched on Mayhems, EK cryo fuel, Corsair hydro x clear coolants and some people have issues with the coolant is not actually being clear in color.

Any recommendations?

I've used dead water for years .... the active ingredient is copper sulphate I believe.

You only need 2 or 3 drops for a normal loop, color wouldn't matter. Off the top of my head I can't remember but possibly blue.

Back