• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Happenings with newegg website on checkout!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Last night my brother and I ordered a power supply, case, dvd-rom, and cd burner from newegg. Order went smoothly and was same as all the other times. I went upstairs before the whole thing was finished ordering, leaving my brother to do it like he has 12 or so other times. He tells me he ordered the goods. I went online an our later and newegg tells me that we haven't made any orders in the past 15 days. That was odd, because it always has showed up as being ordered the second after the order was placed. I asked my brother, but he told me everything went fine. Just now, I check newegg again, and they still say that we haven't ordered anything. I am worried now. Should I try ordering again? I'm afraid that the order we placed might go through as well as the new one. Is this just some quirk or should there be cause for alarm?

Bios24

Yes: check your e-mail. I usually get 3 e-mails with an order: 1 for confirmation, 1 for credit card charges, and 1 for shipping information. Wouldn't hurt to call either, just to be sure. Maybe he didn't hit the finishing button? who knows?????

TxAMD

if you didnt get an email, and newegg has no copy of the order, then it would be safe to assume the order wasnt placed due to whatever reason. You could also check your credit card statement like mentioned above since they usually charge your card pretty fast after the orders placed.

OP
Quailane

Quailane

Hey, thanks. I solved the problem. I gave them a call and they said that they had no order, so I reordered. This time I ordered it with my brother watching, and he still swears he did it right. Maybe a problem with my wirless network or something I'm thinking.