• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Problem Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exhaust18

Registered
Whenever I play WWE Raw for pc, The game menus are kind of slow and when the match starts I only get 20 FPS. I checked the requirements and it only recommends p3 500mhz. What could be wrond here? Also in some games it gets jerky even with high FOS.By the way I use the 4072 dets. Thanks in advance.

My specs are:

GA-6VTX-A
Pentium III 667@700 (140mhz FSB)
512MB of pc133 memory
128MB of pc100 memory
64MB of pc100 memory
TOTAL of 704MB of Memory
Geforce 4 MX440 AGP 4X
C-Media Soundcard
250w PSU
Maxtor 20GB H/D (7400rpm) Primary
Maxtor 60GB H/D (7400rpm) Secondary
Creative 12X PC-DVD-Rom
Hewlett Packard 8X4X32 CD-RW

Your sig says you are mixing PC133 RAM with PC100. This should slow the whole system down to PC100 speed. I don't know how you are running PC100 at 140 FSB. I would get rid of the PC100 and maybe upgrade your cpu. This might help your game speed.

Also, your 250 watt PSU is probably on the edge with all of that hardware. I would upgrade to at least a 350 watt high quality PSU. That may also help your gaming speed.

JimmyG said:
Your sig says you are mixing PC133 RAM with PC100. This should slow the whole system down to PC100 speed. I don't know how you are running PC100 at 140 FSB. I would get rid of the PC100 and maybe upgrade your cpu. This might help your game speed.

Also, your 250 watt PSU is probably on the edge with all of that hardware. I would upgrade to at least a 350 watt high quality PSU. That may also help your gaming speed.

yeah.. ditto

Also, wasn't there a preformance downgrade once you get past a certain amount of RAM??

I could be way off base here, wouldn't be the first time..

yeah you probably don't need all that ram beyond the 512mb of pc133, plus you'll gain back your higher bus speed.

also, if the requirements only state 500 mhz, that doesn't mean a whole lot.... UT2003 recommended requirements are a 1 ghz processor, and I'm running a 1.5ghz CPU with a radeon 8500 and It still gets choppy...

basically take the listed requirements with a grain of salt.

h20link said:
yeah you probably don't need all that ram beyond the 512mb of pc133, plus you'll gain back your higher bus speed.

also, if the requirements only state 500 mhz, that doesn't mean a whole lot.... UT2003 recommended requirements are a 1 ghz processor, and I'm running a 1.5ghz CPU with a radeon 8500 and It still gets choppy...

basically take the listed requirements with a grain of salt.

1.66Ghz here with UT2k3 and also choppy. I average about 50fps, But I've seen it drop down to about 20, and go up to 90. Mine is my Video card tho.. cheezy Geforce2 GTS....

Oh well, someday I'll get up there with the big dogs...

Back