• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird sounds from my pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

im getting this grinding sound from my pump its a maxijet 1200 its in a reservoir and its fully submerged!! i didint have the sound untill i make my return into the reservoir submerged to stop air from comming in! i took the pump out and ran it in my sink and it made no noise, i put it back together and no noise, a few minutes later and the noise is back!, could i have a pump going bad??

jay (Jun 18, 2001 09:57 p.m.):
do you have air in the system? (waterpath)

i dont think so, i see no air pockets or bubbles.... it comes and goes the sound...

William (Jun 18, 2001 10:03 p.m.):
sounds almost like a loose ball bearing.

i dont think thir is ball bearing in this pump its magnetic drive..

Mines been doing the same thing.. Very noisy. It's a magnet drive also.. Cheapo one though.. It started making the grinding, then one day it just stopped altogether. My temps started going up & I had no idea why.. DOH! I quickly shut everything down and realized I didn't hear the pump running.. I took it apart, cleaned it, put it together & it ran ok for a few days.. Now it's doing it again & the shaft feels kinda loose.. think we got bad pumps.. Looks like mine wore out already.. only a few months old too.

you have anything caught in it? sorry about the ballbearing, i had a pump do that, but i forgot you had the mag drive.

William (Jun 18, 2001 11:24 p.m.):
you have anything caught in it? sorry about the ballbearing, i had a pump do that, but i forgot you had the mag drive.

nope i took it apart and cleaned it out not much to it...a shaft and propeller..
it stopped and started a few minutes later....my temps are still the same so im gonna leave it for now.. i cant hear it to bad with all the case fans flowing!

Back