• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heffe

I'm about to build a new system but I have a question about strange 3dMark2001 scores with my old 500 mhz pIII rig. I got one of the 4401 VisionTek geForce Ti200's at BB for my new system and instead of wasting precious time with the card, slapped it in my old machine and tried some oc'ing. Here are the scores I got at the speeds I overclockerd the card to:

175/400 - 3197 Marks

200/460 - 3472 Marks

250/500 - 3150 Marks

What's up with this? Anyone have any ideas?

many a times when you try to oc too high there are issues because maybe the video card cant handle it...i have noticed scores go down as a result of too high of an oc

The weird thing is I tested the card at 250/500 with artifact tester and got 0 artifact marks. On another note, my system always reboots after finishing a run of 3dMark2001, but only after I move the mouse. I can use the keyboard, but moving the mouse causes it to reboot. This happened with 2 different video cards geForce 3 and geForce 2 GTS, and 2 different mice, generic and Intellimouse Explorer. Any thoughts on this?

Heffe said:
The weird thing is I tested the card at 250/500 with artifact tester and got 0 artifact marks. On another note, my system always reboots after finishing a run of 3dMark2001, but only after I move the mouse. I can use the keyboard, but moving the mouse causes it to reboot. This happened with 2 different video cards geForce 3 and geForce 2 GTS, and 2 different mice, generic and Intellimouse Explorer. Any thoughts on this?

Your last issue sounds like a candidate for reinstalling windows ;).

I have heard of bottleneck issues with various cards. If the score goes down that's likely the cause. Find the sweet spot and stay with that (see, faster is not always better ;) ). I have a feeling reinstalling windows/directx/motherboard-chipset drivers/video drivers/sound drivers will solve the bottleneck issue too.

Back