• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weirdest MS Errors you've gotten

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got an error playing Mechwarrior 4 (Microsoft manufactured game) that said

"This is Impossible"

I wish I could've taken a screenshot of it.

Using win95 a long time ago, Id been round the back of the comp for something or other and forgot to plug the keyboard back in. When windows started I got "No keyboard detected. Press F1 to continue"

lol.... well I havent even seen a blue screen or an error since i installed xp pro :)

I got an error the other day while trying to install Win2K sp3 on a laptop here at work. It was the BOSD and said "I've never seen this error message before..."

That was the funniest thing I have seen in a while from Microsoft, I laughed for at least 5 minutes on this one.

(non-microsoft) Unreal Tournament gave me a 3-page GPF once.. i capped it.. will post later :D

Funniest one I've seen is in my avatar....(ugly looking thing, need to change it)

during the install of win98, Windows setup was running the little "win98 is so great look at all these features" program while everything was loading....it got to the screen bragging about the "Increased Dependability" in 98 when the Application Error general protection fault screen popped up

pretty bad when you get errors from an OS system that you havent even finished installing yet:p

btw...what programs do any of you use to make your avatars and what's the best way to size them to fit in space provided?

viking84 said:
btw...what programs do any of you use to make your avatars and what's the best way to size them to fit in space provided?

I use adobe photoshop. There's also PaintShop Pro, but I havn't used that since the old days. And good ol' paintbrush. :D

I havn't played with graphics for a few years now, so I may be out of date :rolleyes:

As for the size, if you are building one, build it at the size, it will save you alot of headache of shrinking it down and having it look bad later. if it's based on a pre-made pic, just shrink it down.

just the other day in w2k i got one that was like: Couldn't .................to Dr. Marshall......error error etc.

I was like, who the hell is Dr.Marshall? I took a screenie, but my hdd corrupted before i could save it to disk or cd.

Oni said:
CS used to give me: Netsend_Packet ERROR: NO ERROR messages every now and then.

Yah, iv gotten thatone before. Kinda makes you wonder, is windows confused because everything is working right... ?

WyrmMaster said:
Yah, iv gotten thatone before. Kinda makes you wonder, is windows confused because everything is working right... ?

no.. it refuses to connect because there is no errors.

After a clean install of 2K and running Windows update when I go it shut down I have a box come up that says "You Should Not See Me".

Back