• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well i got a new DVD R-RW Drive...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andyman902042

Try it another DVD. I had one that must of been scratched somehow and caused what ever was playing the DVD to crash and sometimes make the system totally lock up (cursor would freeze and everything). Also you can try using WMP temporaraly just to see if it works better.

PCGUY112887

I have had to update the firmware on mine a few times to fix some problems... who made your drive and what model is it?

BTW I just watched euro trip, it's awesome.

OP
POL-tec2002

POL-tec2002

yea so i tried another dvd and it worked fine. Hmm... why wont Euro Trip Play?

:EDIT:

ok so i updated the firm ware and now it playes it but it skips like crazy. Then the video freezes and the audio keeps on going...wtf?

Last edited:

urbancontra

sounds like it's either a prob with the video card, or your system is struggling to keep up. Are the video drivers up to date? If not then you can try to update them to see if it helps.
If they are already up to date (or the above doesn't work), i would uninstall, then reinstall the dvd program.
Let us know

Lat

eurotrip is awesome!

don't tell scottie!

so you formatted your hd? and it worked? so it was probably some driver problem?

OP
POL-tec2002

POL-tec2002

well....ok i formated my computer and i put in the dvd. It worked once without skipping... but then the second time it keeps on freezing. Idk whats wrong i updated the firmware but still no luck. how about decoders?? Maybe something wrong with them but how would i fix that?

Andyman902042

WinDVD will install a MPEG 2 decoder. You didn't install any big codec pack like the Nimo codec pack or anything did you? Those can cause all kinds of problems. Also, does this only happen with EuroTrip or did you try another DVD sience you reinstalled.

Lat

yeah, powerdvd comes with it's own mpeg2 decoder, so no need to install anything else to watch dvds

maybe it's a vid card driver problem?

i dunno, just throwing out blanks