• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, I just did the VDD Mod on my AN7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, capacitor.. thank you, that's what I meant...

OK.. well I tested the second solder point on the Q36 chip with my multimeter and it read 4 volts... so I realized thats about even with the attenuated feed from the 12v rail... so it's fine... now I understand...

Thank you so much.. I'll give it a go tonight... yeah, jumper is a great Idea, if you could describe exactly what you mean it would be great... My Idea was to just use longer wires to connect the Pot and snip the wires if I need to disconnect, and I can always re-attach the wires or clean it up later... the imporant / difficult part is just getting a good clean solder on the two points..

thx again.

P.S. gonna have to remove my stock NB cooler from the SB... cuz it's covering the contact point.. hehe

Attachments

• DCP_1558.jpg
    DCP_1558.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
The jumper is pretty simple, you superglue 2 header pins like you find all over the mobo to the back of the pot, and wire it so when there is no jumper, the vmod is not a complete circuit. Its a bit hard to explain, so I will try to get some pics up later of what I mean, as I am doing my DFI UI with all pot mods jumpered.

cetoole said:
The jumper is pretty simple, you superglue 2 header pins like you find all over the mobo to the back of the pot, and wire it so when there is no jumper, the vmod is not a complete circuit. Its a bit hard to explain, so I will try to get some pics up later of what I mean, as I am doing my DFI UI with all pot mods jumpered.
OK, I think I got the concept, but some pics would be great.. I just finished the hardest part, soldered both points on the mobo, no time to connect the POT.. then I'll turn it on and post results and pics. :p

OK... first solder wasn't stable and came off, I redid it a little beefier, hope it's OK... here are some pics... I'm scared as hell I ruined something... **Fingers Crossed***

Attachments

• DCP_1564.jpg
    DCP_1564.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
this is what the finished mod looks like... all done...

works AWESOME!!! Thx so much for the help Cetoole... after I cleared the CMOS to reset the Vdd to the lowest default setting I booted up... and instead of the Vdd reading 1.60 In the BIOS it read 1.69, I gave the POT a 1/2 Turn and BAM 1.70 heheh... I then change the BIOS setting to 1.65, rebooted, went to the BIOS again.. and it read 1.75v... heheh so it's working thx!...

Now I'll have to see if it will actually have any impact on my OC... thx again!!!

EDIT:
I did the Vdd mod, and IT WORKS!!!! ehheh... not only that IT HELPS MY OC!!!

I ran 245 at cas 2.5 @ 1.75Vdd... got 7000+ errors per pass... I bumped up to 1.85Vdd got only 1000+ errors per pass... I bumped it up to 1.95Vdd only 12 errors per pass.... bumped it up to 2.00Vdd NO ERRORS! and this is in a 2 x 512MB DC configuration.... It did error once every few runs.. so I bumped it up to 2.05Vdd... and it's OK... but I won't push it past that...

The good news is NOT that these are amazing Overclocks... Infact the TCCD memory I'm using isn't performing up to spec(in multiple other tests)...

The GOOD NEWS is simply that the Vdd is playing a LARGE roll in the memory controller punking me out at 240+, especially in DC.... Not to mention that memtest86+ doesn't freeze on me anymore!

my TCCD RAM is technically running at 3200... but it's also rated to run at 533Mhz at 3-4-4-11... considering it won't do even do 500 @ 3-4-4-11, when the last set of PDP TCCD I had did that easily... it's NOT running at spec...

with some good RAM, I believe this should allow me to get 250 x 10 stable...
I'm thinking G.Skill BH-5 is the way to go now... I don't need TCCD anymore to guarantee the RAM isn't limiting my bandwidth... and since my NF2 will cap out at ~ 250 on air anyways, I'm not gonna need the extreme bandwidth of TCCD... and the BH-5 should get me to 250, hopefully @ 2-2-2-11.... considering how much VDIMM the AN7 is packing, BH-5 is the way to go for this board...

Attachments

• DCP_1565.jpg
    DCP_1565.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
blackhawk397 said:
nice setup. i wish my comp. was half as awesome as that! :drool:
Thx, guess I should be happy with it, but I was really upset I couldn't get 250 out of it.

Last edited:
Back