• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well that doesnt sound good...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ponders

Registered
My video card fan is making some ugly sounds.. It will sound normal for a few minutes then it will make a ugly gringing sound for a couple seconds, almost like the fan is scraping the sides...
I pulled it out and checked the fan for debree ect and found nothing.

soooo, I guess I will have to replace the fan on it?.?

How do I go about finding the proper fan to fit it ect ect.

The card is a:
Gainword Geforce2 pro 64meg (red) with a stock gainword fan on it *sorry I looked for a picture of my card but came up empty

ot/
heh is there a software proggy that will keep track of the video card temp? I use the asus probe for sys temps but Im quite curious how hot my cards gettin

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
ponders said:
heh is there a software proggy that will keep track of the video card temp? I use the asus probe for sys temps but Im quite curious how hot my cards gettin

i don't know for sure about the fan question, but i do know that a vast majority of the video cards do not have temperature sensors installed in them. sorry. the best you can do it put a sensor on the backside of the card. it'll get you a lower temperature but will give you a general idea of what is up.

funnyperson1

the easiest thing to do would be to attach a Crystal Orb, or if you want to OC you can epoxy a Socket7 heatsink to it