• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welp, its official.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

Cheats are out for BF1942, as I was getting killed over and over again by one. He obviously had the no fog, faster manuverabilty, and faster shots cheat running because of how he was able to constantly kill me. And trust me, up to that point, no one was able to kill me once I got into a plane.:mad:

His nick started with [UCK], so if you come across a pilot that gets constant kills one right after the other (literally), you know he's the cheat.

i've been accused of cheating a few times because i was on a killing spree (most recent was Americas Army, most common is Jedi Knight 2)

i'm not saying he wasn't cheating, i wouldn't know if he was or not, but before you accuse someone of cheating (i'm not talking about here, i mean in the game) make sure they really are.

that being said, cheaters suck! it ruins the game and it's rude. people play games to have fun, we don't want some jerk killing it for us because he can't play the game without cheating.

Trust me, I wasnt having an off day. And a quick search found the exact cheat he was using. Its the only way he can out maneuver and keep up with me in the air. Up to that point I was 30+ air kills, and not 1 death, after multiple rounds on Gazala and El Alamein.

He was obviously using the no fog and rapid fire cheat, since he would come out of no where perfectly lined up with me or anyone else and shot them down in seconds. His plane (a Spitfire) was also able to out maneuver you, even if you were in the same type of plane. I can easily out maneuver even the best players in a BF104(? the axis fighter plane) even if thier in a Spitfire. Yet, here I was in a Spitfire as well and he was always able to get behind me within 2 - 3 turns, no matter what I did.

I've played against excellent pilots, but we were always pretty much even on kills. Hell, even I've been accused of cheating already cause of my air skills. But this guy was obviously using the trainer. He easily racked up 20+ air kills in only a couple of minutes. And thats plane to plane, not bombing runs. Even in a full 30 minute game, I've yet to see anyone get anywhere near that many air kills, yet alone with such ease as he was getting them.

We had this CS tournament recently on LAN, and today we were watching the HLTV recordings and we saw one player buying AWM with 2700 $'s WTF ???? i guess there was some glitch or something

Cheaters have and will continue to destroy the fun factor out of the game its no longer all about skill .. its now all about how much of a low life one is and to what extent a person can go to satisfy his ego by being the best by fair or unfair means

this royally sucks :mad:

I thought BF1942 was handled on the server side and you couldn't make cheats because of that?

If people can cheat anyway way set the game up so it has so much damn lag?

Sadly cheats will always exist in online games but game makers could and should do more. Take Everquest for example - in it's early days there were a few cheats and exploits but by the time the first expansion came out they were virtually all gone. I both loved and hated EQ but one thing it did do right was take the right approach to cheating (they came down very heavily on exploiters).

OC Noob said:
I thought BF1942 was handled on the server side and you couldn't make cheats because of that?

Most of the game is server side, but things like no fog and rapid fire/manuverability can be done client side. Theres also a wall hack, but I've yet to see it used, and haven't tried it to see if it even works. Yes, I downloaded the trainer to see if it actually does work, which I know most of it will.

The only thing EA could do is to add something like PunkBuster to check for any changed settings in certain files, or for anything that changes settings in memory, which is what the trainer does.

Not saying your wrong, but like john240sx said, he could have been either really good or just doing really well. I have had the same thing happen to me in CS. normally i am about even kills to deaths, but occasionally i will do really well for a while 10 - 0, 15-2, that kind of thing, and people start accusing me of cheating. Although if you know for certain that cheats are out that would allow you to do what he was doing i wont argue with you.

I wont post a link, but it can easily be found. I just went almost the full 30 mins flying today. Only got killed cause of a lagger whos plane I shot down fell atop of mine. I was 28 - 28 - 1.

And trust me when I say he was cheating. How else can a pilot be perfectly lined up on a vehicle and getting direct hits from his gun, when hes not even in view himself? Because of the fog in the game, if you cant see them, they cant see you. Yet, he would always start firing dead on well before he was in sight. It didn't only happen to me, but others on my team.

One guy was a sniper on the mountain over the enemy base. With the sniper weapon, you can usually see further then you normally can through the fog. Yet the cheat was able to shoot him dead on with the AA gun that wasn't in view.

Another time after he shot my plane down, I parachuted safely into my base. He took off back in the direction of his own base and dissappeard in the fog. I ran toward the hangar and hopped in a tank for abit of safety while I waited for another plane to spawn. Then out of the blue, the tanks starts getting shot from the air. I face the direction of the shots and dont see anything except the tracers. It wasn't till another 3 seconds later I finally saw the faint outline of his plane in the fog. How the hell is anyone able to shoot a target dead on when its not in sight??? Even if hes smart enough to realize that a tank that dissappears might mean that someone got into it, there is no way in hell he would be able to hit it dead on while still too far away to see it. Especially after I moved it around abit, and the map isn't an exact position finder. There is just no way anyone can unless they were cheating.

This is not intended as a flame just the opinion who spend most of his time ....much to his wifes anoyance on this game. :D

ok either your egzagerating (Was i close to the spelling?)on the kills as i don`t know of any map where you can kill 30 aircraft in 2 minutes i play this game alot and ones you know where respawn places are i can set up a barage of tank shell and hit smack on through the fog.....do i cheat nope i just know the maps also on some serves especaily the Japanese one BFlets for instance i get pings of eith just over or just under 10 !! i ask my freinds in the UK who say i show up as having a ping 0f around 40-50 so this puts me in the very good advantage and i can normaly walk away with a kills upto 60 plus also i was reading an article on CFS and IL-2 pilots that have moved across into this game who love it for the lack of realistic physics trust me if you went up against a topgun from those games BF1942 is a walk in the park for them as for me i have not come across any cheats as of yet but if this guy truely was cheating you have my sympathise as it really makes the game suck

HAHAHA! I used the trainer cheat, and it didn't help me one bit. For whatever reason, I suck major at BF1942. I rule at Half-Life and America's Army, but for some reason I can't shoot anyone in BF1942. I can stand right behind someone and unload on them without even hitting them.

Welcome to the club, it doesn't mean you have to cheat.

Just play with other players that suck as bad as you do...like me.

Except, I wouldn't play with someone I know is pathetic enough to cheat at a video game.

FarEast said:
This is not intended as a flame just the opinion who spend most of his time ....much to his wifes anoyance on this game. :D
4-5 hours a day isn't too much time in your book? :p
ok either your egzagerating (Was i close to the spelling?)on the kills as i don`t know of any map where you can kill 30 aircraft in 2 minutes
I never said two minutes. Yeah yeah, a "couple" means two, but it was around 5 - 6 minutes total time.
i play this game alot and ones you know where respawn places are i can set up a barage of tank shell and hit smack on through the fog.....do i cheat nope i just know the maps[/b]
Me too. Tank attacks from no where are easy. You get within range, start hitting your intended target, then back away little by little while increasing the angle of the turrent. But lets see you hit your target on the first shot when it hasn't come into view yet or without any spotters.
...and i can normaly walk away with a kills upto 60
I think the most I ever had in one game was 65 kills. :p
But my normal flucuates depending on the map and whether I'm ground/air or defense/offense. ;)
plus also i was reading an article on CFS and IL-2 pilots that have moved across into this game who love it for the lack of realistic physics trust me if you went up against a topgun from those games BF1942 is a walk in the park for them
Thats what I love about this game too. The lack of realism and true physics of the flight engine. Nothing I do would be possible in any other game that accounts for g-forces. And I was (supposedly) playing against a real military pilot once. He was downing everyone with ease, including me, if he was able to get behind me. We were even on kills, and even twice flew directly into each other mid-move (that was a riot!). In fact, he got po'd that I was able to keep up with him and he left mid game. :D
as for me i have not come across any cheats as of yet but if this guy truely was cheating you have my sympathise as it really makes the game suck
Well, the good thing is I ran across the same guy again today. This time he was on my side, so I watched him closely. He wasn't getting kills as easily as the last time. Hell, he wasn't even keeping up with me in kills. He got shot down a couple of times and he left. A few (2 :p ) minutes later he logged back on. Guess what? He was downing nme planes left and right. I followed his plane and got directly behind him while he was chasing an nme. He banked 90° to the right and pulled back on the elevator to quick turn and follow the nme. I did the same. Guess what again? He completed the turn in about 3/4 the time it took me to complete it, even though we had the same plane, and same speed. But I got my revenge on him next round. I guess he turned off the cheats, cause he was again barely holding his own against anyone. Thats the one thing I love about cheaters. They never have any skill.:D

OMG I just tried the demo, lol this game is holarious. All the people end up waiting for planes, so in a tank you can take out like 5 ppl with one shot easily.

Fun game, needs a railgun though :D

Hey Mpegger sounds like you're addicted as i am! :D we should get together and :sn:!!!!
what servers do you play on ?

specific said:

Yeah, since the railgun was used so much in WWII, it's strange why they didn't include it in the game.:rolleyes:

I think he's talking about the flat bed howziter tthe german army used on there rails system.......:rolleyes:

i just have to say this, sorta off topic: i hate it when 90% of the team i am playing on just stands around waiting for a plane to appear...

Back