• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We're Slacking!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to the weekly total on statsman.org, we're outproducing OCAU by about 2,850 points/week. Not a lot, but we ARE outproducing them.
We're about 17,300 points/week behind [H]ardOCP.

Thespis377 said:
We Were Soldiers is an AWESOME movie. I was VERY impressed with how they portrayed combat AND the fact that there are people left at home that no matter what, that's who we're fighting for. Also, let's not forget Saving Private Ryan. Good movie. Now, if we could only get the machines that produced the special effects for these movies to FOLD! We'd be rocking. Anyone know what a Silicon Graphics Onyx is? *whimpers*

FOLD ON PEOPLE!!!

Although I haven't seen 'We Were Soldiers', all the WWII films I have seen grossly underestimate the contribution by ALLIED soldiers other than the US.

Britain and Canada had LARGE armies in WWII. My grandfather, God rest his soul, fought for the Canadian army. It was no picnic for us over there. We also fought from Sept. 9, 1939. Every male member of my family who was of fighting age was a combatant in that war. Some who were too old enlisted just to do their part. My great uncle was a WWI veteran and was in his 40's when WWII started, he was told he was too old to join, even though he was an officer. So he enlisted.

I know it was a long time ago that this war happened.

I sometimes get really annoyed by films that don't even mention the Canadian contribution.

There is the story of the Battle of Anzio, where allied troops were pinned down my strong German resistance. The Canadian Highlanders (I am not sure which regiment) decided to ignore the orders dis-allowing bagpipers from playing at the front. They used the pipers in the attack to scare the $#(^ out of the enemy.

The band took heavy casualties, but the Germans ran at the sound of "The Ladies From Hell". The pipers had won the day.

The reference to the ladies from hell is from WWI when it was a Canadian Highland Regiment who were the ONLY regiment able to obtain their objectives at the Battle of the Somme.

My nation fought with Honour, Courage, Determination and a Fierceness that even the Germans had to respect.

I am not saying anything that reduces the contribution that America made in WWII, if not for FDR the World may have lost that war. His Lend Lease act allowed the US to obtain from Britain a short wave radar that was a British innovation. More importantly for the World, it allowed the Allies including Russia to have more equipment on the battlefield. All this even BEFORE America entered the war...[/rant]

Sorry if this is the wrong place for my post. I am still feeling the loss of my beloved grandfather who died just 3 months ago. A man who landed on the beaches of Normandy with all the other Allied soldiers who SACRIFICED their freedoms to safeguard ours.

LET THEM NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

My productions seems to have gone into the toilet, don't know why either. I know that I have 3 500Mhz Celerons off line, should be back up today or tomorrow but still, I am no where near the 90+ points/wk I was at. Something is amiss.

I've started folding for Team 32 on an Athlon 550 at work and a Tbird 950 at home. They seem to be going extremely slow though, is there anything i can do to get them done faster? The 550 at work has been working on this wu for around 3 days off and on. My 950 should take around 16 hours to complete the first wu. I just started at home last night around 11:30pm and at 4:45 when I got up for work, it was 24% done. I may be wrong, but this seems to suck, anything to make it faster will be appreciated.

btw, hopefully soon, i'll have my dual p3 working which will also be folding 24/7

Make sure you don't have a screensaver enabled. Set your power settings to turn off the monitor after X minutes and never turn off the hard drive, never go on standby.

Some proteins take longer to fold than others. It's not unusual for a protein to take several days. Don't worry, though. The big ones are worth lots of points.

ok, thanks for the info. I also found out today that a friend is going to start folding on his p3 667 at home and maybe the P3 1Ghz at his work.

[Ryan as Scotty] Shes at 110% captain, if i push har any faster she'll explode! [/Ryan as Scotty]
stoopid computer wont go any faster and stay stable :(
going to look for a gold fingers device (hopefully i can find one)

I need stability right now. I could use a job too. I hope my nifty graphics on the website will get some new folders. :)

Where did you find this bit of ancient history?

2002? That's *really* going deep into the archives.

Jawhol herr Kommandant!! Ich werde beginnen die Arbeiten Einheiten sofort!
9041-15555.gif

LOL@2002 post bump. Wow, those other team must have had overclocked Athlon XPs to get us with back then. Either way, this is a good bump since we need to push our PPD higher today.

Back