• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB Special Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csu

I have one of those, can't hear a thing!

PSU fan probably covered up most of the noise.

lbbo2002

I have two in raid 0 configuration never hear a thing even when loading large files or starting games. Performance is excellent :D

Albreck

They are really good, fast and all that... but at some point it may make a little click sound... but maybe you never gonna notice it... so... they are silent...
Get one... don't gonna regret it.... :)

larrymoencurly

I bought one in last month's OfficeMax deal, and it's slightly louder than the 7200 RPM Maxtors I've heard, both for spinning and seeking, and is definitely louder than my Seagate Barracuda V, which is probably the quietest drive available. But I just got another 120GB WD, and it's slightly quieter than the previous one, maybe on par with the Maxtor. Both WDs were made in Malaysia, Nov. 2002 and Apr. 2003, but they have slightly different LBA counts (different numbers of heads?), and the old one had a silver motor while the new one has a black motor that was probably made by JVC.

Albreck

have to check mine...
the WD are the best in performance... and yes just a little bit louder than others... not to worry about

Blkout

Albreck said:
have to check mine...
the WD are the best in performance... and yes just a little bit louder than others... not to worry about

Best compared to all others except the 180GXP IBM's.