• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Caviar WD2000JD 200GB SATA Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lomend

Registered
I'm looking to get the WD Caviar 7200RPM 200GB SATA hard drive. Has anyone had problems with this harddrive or is there anything I should know about before getting it?

I wanted to get 250gb but it's out of my price range. I found the 200GB for $127. It looks like a good hard drive, but if anyone knows of a better one for around this price, please tell me. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Bought this hard drive about 3 weeks ago and it's working flawlessly.

It's very quiet which is very good and hasn't shown any problems.

I'd say go for it. 3 year MFG warranty and for the price it's a great buy :thup:

I have 2 of these running in a raid 1 array with NOOO problems whatsoever, I had to replace 4 MAXTORS of the same size because they kept giving errors during the raid 1 process--pain in the a----- Western digital have earned my business.

Mine is also chugging right along - bought it from NewEgg. I am not sure if Speedfan reads the SMART temps correctly, but it does run hot after sitting idle - like 40-43*C (really weird - it cools off once you access it according to SpeedFan - drops to 35*C range).

I don't think that is an issue, and likely just Speedfan reading the SMART data incorrectly.

I love my 36Gig Raptor, too (and runs COOLER!)! WD - So Far, So Good. :cool:

Back