• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital RAID 0 Atto bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

well here is my benchie or my Western Digital SE 8MB cache in RAID 0.....these are good scores right?

atto.jpg

Spec

uhhh then some help would be nice.....

Spec

EDIT: when I did that I did have Kazaa downloading some stuff and folding running...would that slow down the benchie?

Last edited:
sandra says 29k which does not sound right at all...and I can't use hdtach becasue it dosen't support NT(XP) without regeristering and I not paying like 50 bucks for it....so what the deal here?

Spec

that somthing I cannot do...I have to much data to break my RAID 0 and that would be a LOT of CDs to back up evrything....I reinstalled drivers and what not and still 80MB range in Otto...any other suggestions?

Spec

I always say that it is a good idea to be expecting your harddrive to die anyday.

Of course if you are me with a IBM 60GXP that "idea" is a reality......

I don'y think it is dying...there are no signs that it is...they are nice and quiet, no clicking or anything

Spec

ooooooook...now I got even weirder results...on 16MB the read soars to 120MBp/s but then everything after that hang around 80MBp/s and the WRITE is FASTER than the read?!

BTW my RAID controller card is a Promise Fasttrack 100 tx4

Spec

is there any version of Atto i can d/l to benchmark?? i looked around briefly and couldn't find one

Link doesn't work.... and XP doesn't like RAID?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

yeah dead link as well....XP not good at RAID....damnit! Oh well may have to look into 2k

Spec

Back