• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badgers

I have a WD1200JB
which has gone bad.
short story: WD has file corruption and OS re-installed 4 times.
Swap in a 120GXP in the same drive bay, same power connector, same ide cable and it works fine.

No doubt that the drive is bad. The WD diag indicates an error code 0104.

I call WD for an RMA and I wait 4 min to get to a live person. I tell him a longer version of the above and I get an RMA, where they are shipping my replacement before I have to send mine back.(credit card secured)

I wanted to let eveyone know that WD has some of the best customer service I have ever had. I know warranty issues have been a topic of late but this was the easiest RMA I have ever had.

thank you for your time and have a good day

acesea

I had practically the EXACT same issue with maxtor. they were also VERY helpful and made the swap of the damaged drive to the new drive a breaze. i felt i should post this along with ur post, stating that maxtor is doing a great job as well.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
I had bought a old laptop with a new drive that got toasted by the other guy and it was an IBM. I got an rma off their web site (just enter the drives pn and sn and the web site tells you if your drive is still covered by them) sent it out and had it back in about a week