• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital's Magic Act...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
Send in a bad WD1500ADFD

and get a WD1500HLFS

Gotta love it...

The drive on the left, Generation 1 SATA (2006), is still good however (Warranty till 2011), I just got off the phone with WD, because I'm scared that this drive is going to die soon as well. I have four of them, and each one has failed within 1 month of each other. So far I have gotten 160gig Raptor and now a VeliciRaptor thing on the right... The reason why I called is because I want the drive on the left to look like the drive on the right. Another magic trick would be nice.

WD told me to call back in a few days. They will make sure they send me another VelociRaptor so I can have a pair of the same drives...

SWEET!

RAID 0 baby!

Attachments

• IMAGE_518.jpg
    IMAGE_518.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 122

Marshmallow64

Nice, they did the same for me when I sent in 2 harddrives. They upgraded it and gave me a brand new one. It did take 3 weeks though, but I was in no rush.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Always good to have some fresh drives. This is common practice with older stuff when they have no stock left. Kind of like you see random threads of people saying, "I returned my 8600GTS and got a 9600gt!!!!". if the stock isnt there, they always bump up a notch or 5. :)

Neuromancer

Have you run it yet? How quiet is it? My 150GB is so chattery I built it into the desk and had to pull it out it makes the whole desk vibrate lol (ADFD)

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
Always good to have some fresh drives. This is common practice with older stuff when they have no stock left. Kind of like you see random threads of people saying, "I returned my 8600GTS and got a 9600gt!!!!". if the stock isnt there, they always bump up a notch or 5. :)

Its funny you say this; (Off topic) Bought a bunch of 7300GT's. Fans failed, GPU smoked. RMAed them. Got back 9600GT's, 7900GTs, and a few 8600GTS's.. I love EVGA!