• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a FX 4300 can really achive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will keep the clock and voltage stock for now as i love my pc and i dont want it burn

I will keep the clock and voltage stock for now as i love my pc and i dont want it burn
There ya go. :thup:
Pushing 5.2Ghz on air is one thing, pushing 1.6V on air is another.
Don't do it. I have degraded my 6300 by doing this and I'm on water cooling.

Zen should be out sometime in October so until then, get some fans and heatsinks on the VRMs regardless if you run stock or not.
One thing I learned the hard way today.... Just because you can boot up and game at 5.2Ghz doesn't mean you should run 5.2Ghz.

Have you seen the board? 4+1 phase, no heatsinks...5.2GHz and 1.6V...

That board will fold without supplemental cooling. Id bet money says that CPU is sniffing 200W at that speed/voltage considering its a 95W CPU to start.

yeesh... I didn't look at his mobo... Math says his power is 205.2w (using 1.35v stock, 4ghz stock) haha. Bet that motherboard is a paper weight in a matter of weeks, if not days... (if he kept it at 5.2/1.6 fwiw)

had a bit of a giggle here, i have exactly the same board, fx-4130 cpu and had it to 5.2, was at 4.9 stable for about 9 mths, think around 1.5 v from memory now, i can check it, before i knocked back to 4.6 for mths, on air with a evo 212 cooler, then i took the board and cpu out to bench with, the asrock 970 pro 3 rev 2.0 was the 1st am3 board i ever owned and never have had 1 drama , temps, everything were good, i do have good case cooling tho, i bought them both in late 2013 i think, id have no hesitation in whackin it back in and have it back to the same with full confidence , but maybe i just got a goodin x 2

I had mine at 5ghz 1.44v and it was starting to hit low 50's on a D15 (bench stable), how the hell did you pull off 1.6v on air ???

Back